Question about Audio Players & Recorders

Open Question

I have a Zenith Model Number Is4071 turntable (of course I've had it for probably 30 year or more)....the turntable is I just need to take it apart and greas it????

Posted by on

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2069 Answers

SOURCE: Old Zenith Console Stereo with

can only give you a link to a helpful forum.. they have discussed your old zenith there. please click here.

Posted on Sep 22, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I connect this system together to get it to work?

The manual for the amplifier and all the other units are here. Use the search feature in the top right with just the model number 'AT-5210'. Getting the items in the right order helps. The turntable obviously goes on top. The Amplifier goes in the middle and all the other units connect to the amp.

Akai AM U61 Manual Stereo Integrated Amplifier HiFi Engine

Jan 14, 2016 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I have a 1979 Zenith Allegro Console Stereo and would like to know how much it is worth.

it depends on the condition and who you find to buy it. if it is in new condition and you can find a collector that needs one its worth about $400. if its just a normal used stereo and your selling it on craigslist you would be lucky to get $50-$100. for it. unfortunately they weren't amazing stereos and they are not all that collectible at this point in time. you usually see them in free adds or by the side of the road. If you hold on to it for another 30 years, it should be worth something though. :)

May 24, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Turntable is rotating to slowly, about 29 rpm instead of 33. Can this be adjusted. How do I get inside to see the belt.

It sounds like there is something wrong with your motor, i would recommend either taking it in to get it repaired, or order a new one and fix it yourself. All turntables are different, but most of the ones I've looked at, to access the belt and motor, you have to remove a tab from the part that turns, near the spindle, then pull circular part off. There should be a model number on the motor so you can order a new one.

May 04, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I have purchased two ARK IV white elliptical Stylus replacement needles for my turntable and I am not getting the life out of these items, despite very limited play time. Seems like they just wear down...

What's the turntable? Skipping across the record would be a (mal)function of tracking and anti-skating. The recommended tracking force for this stylus os 3.0 grams. I've been out of the vinyl groove for some years now but I remember my Shure M95 tracking in the range of 1-1.5 g. Railroad spikes track at 3.0. Is this for 'scratching' or whatever it is they call that noise?

Apr 27, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer


You can buy them here

Dec 05, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

Minimal volume for my turntable

A turntable is always compatible with any sound system. The problem here is that turntables need and pre amplified input to work, and since you don't see turntables anymore, most sound systems only have level inputs like the CD in, Auxiliary, etc. like yours. You will need to buy a small in-line amplifier made especifically for turntables. Although it might be hard to find one and in some cases it will cost a bundle, but start by asking about such a device at your local electronics store. They will probably at least be able to cue you in to where you can get one locally. If all else fails search the net for:"Turntable pre-amp" and you should get all the info you need and find a few online stores that sell them.

Jul 08, 2009 | Denon AVR588 Receiver

1 Answer

Vinyl on Turntable sounds thin and trebley through Denon AVR-1603

You will need an adapter amp which converts the tiny tiny signal from a magnetic phono cartridge up to the line level that you need to feed into your AUX input jacks. They cost about $20 to $30 dollars and can be found at Radio Shack. Unless of course you have a phono input jack on the back of your Denon unit. Good luck.

Nov 26, 2008 | Denon AVR-1603 Receiver

2 Answers

My turn table is and old one my needle is broken would i beable to get a new arm for it

With a model number and the brand of your turntable I could probably find what you need with that information. Without that information there is no way to find the right parts.

I have been fixing turntables for over 17 years and have only needed to replace the arm on 2 or 3 of them in that time. It is very unlikely that you would need the arm replaced. The arm is a little more difficult to find for some turntables, but it is not impossible.

Finding the stylus, and/or cartridge with the stylus is not too much of a problem.

Just supply the needed information and I will take care of it for you.

Jun 22, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Turntable failure

The drive wheel has probably dried up and is just slipping. Also, any grease that was in there has probably turned more to glue. This unit will need some TLC and some time to get all of the old grease out. A re-lube as well as a new wheel (if still available) and you will be good to go!

Mar 26, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

33 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

100387 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4706 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

71172 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides