Question about Car Audio & Video
My hubby bought a cd/cassette player for his 2004 Oldsmobile Alero. The stero is from a 2001 and worked til he started the car up....now it displays "LOCKED". Any ideas how to unlock the stereo? Thanks!
Here's another variation that worked for me just two days ago... you DO NOT NEED to take it to the dealer and you do NOT need to disconnect the battery, this can all be done with a couple clicks on your radio and call into that phone number.
This was posted previously on another post. ....
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Don’t take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are from STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then #. You’ll hear Invalid Code, try again
09. Press 139010 then #. You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC Hope this works, Good luck. Leadispenser
Your radio is now un-locked and usable
Posted on Aug 27, 2008
Actually the above is incorrect for this year radio.
If your radio is older and just displays "LOC" the above will work. Your radio is not displaying "LOC" though, it's displaying "LOCKED"
When your radio says "LOCKED" that means it's the newer RDS equipped radios. These encode the VIN into the eeprom on the radio itself. The first time the radio starts up in that car, the radio communicates with the car's computer. If the VIN does not match the radio will lock itself out.
What you need to do is go to a dealer or mechanic and have them reprogram the radio's VIN. This is a simple process but expect to pay an hour of labor. They need a GM Tech 2 programmer to do it.
Posted on Feb 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2016 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Jan 21, 2016 | Oldsmobile Cars & Trucks
Dec 25, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
May 20, 2014 | Encore Electronics Computers & Internet
Mar 27, 2011 | 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Oct 28, 2010 | Lenoxx Electronics CD-102 Cassette/CD...
Oct 31, 2008 | 2004 Oldsmobile Alero
Oct 20, 2008 | Lenoxx Electronics CD-102 Cassette/CD...
May 24, 2008 | 2004 Oldsmobile Alero
2,216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: