- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To change the image size in your camera to shoot at a lower setting - have the camera in shooting mode - go to Menu - go to the symbol that looks like an arrow pointing to the left - Press Ok - then select which record mode you want and press ok.
You can change the record mode in the camera to shoot at a lower image size of 640X480 by changing from HQ to SQ mode. Page 72 of the instruction manual explains how to change the record mode setting. You can also use photo editing software to reduce the image size down to 640X480 which is equivalent to the size of a 3X5 photo.
dude check the resolution of the pictures ur taking .. megapixel's .. go to menu ... photo size and select 7 MP and try again.. :) and do check the mode of operation ... put it in P .. that is programmable mode and then check was ISO ur using... every one of these setting can be adjust from the joy stick button.
long press joy stick button and make these changes. 1.4th option - make it auto 2.5th option - select 7 M 3.6th option - select first mode
You can record video with audio onto the Memory Card. Follow the instructions below.
Recording moving pictures onto a MEMORY CARD
1. Insert a Memory Card into the slot on the camcorder.
2. Set the mode switch to MEMORY CARD position.
3. Set the power switch to CAMERA mode.
4. Press the START/STOP button, the images are recorded on the MEMORY CARD in MPEG4.
* You can record 10 ~ 20 seconds continuously.
* You can record a still image on the Memory Card by pressing the Photo button instead of the START/STOP button.
5. Press the START/STOP button to stop the recording.
* Moving images that you recorded are saved in *.asf file format on the Memory Card.
* The moving picture images on a Memory Card are smaller size and lower definition than those on a Tape.
* The sound is recorded in mono.
* The following functions cannot be operated in M.REC Mode. - DIS (Digital Image Stabilizer), Digital Zoom, Fade, Program AE, Digital Special Effect, Slow Shutter.
* Don't insert or eject a tape during Memory card recording as it may record noise.
* Don't eject the Memory Card during recording as it may break the data on the Memory Card or the Memory Card itself.
2288 x 1712 SHQ, JPEG - approximately 1960 Kb
2288 x 1712 HQ, JPEG - approximately 762 Kb
1600 x 1200 SQ2, JPEG - approximately 465 Kb
640 x 480 SQ2, JPEG - approximately 72 Kb
320 x 240 HQ Movie - approximately 12.5 Mb (20 Second Movie)
320 x 240 SQ Movie - approximately 12.5 Mb (41 Second movie)
What is the Macro function used for?
The Macro function allows you to take close-up pictures. Use the Macro mode when you are 8.4” to 19.2” away from your subject.
Where is the Reference Manual for the D-390?
The Reference Manual is located on the Camedia Master CD-ROM and is available in four languages (English, French, Spanish, and German. The manual can be viewed on your computer screen or printed on your printer.
How can I get traditional photo prints from my digital camera?
Most photo processing centers or digital printing Kiosks can make traditional photo prints from a digital camera. There are also many on-line photo processors which conveniently deliver prints by mail. You can also make prints yourself if you have a photo quality printer like the Olympus P-400 printer.
Why are there so many quality settings?
Different quality settings are used for different purposes; for example, lower quality settings can be used to e-mail pictures because of its small file size. Higher quality settings are used for printing photo quality images.
What settings should I use to get the best picture quality?
The best picture quality setting on the D-390 is SHQ (Super High Quality). The SHQ file is the largest of all four quality settings. The image file size is approximately 786K.
What is the video output used for?
The video output is used for viewing images from your camera to a TV. A slideshow can be accomplished by using the camera hooked to the TV or recorded from a VCR.
When taking macro images, can I use the viewfinder?
Since the viewfinder sees the subject different than the picture taking lens, we recommend using the LCD monitor screen for taking macro pictures. The image previewed on the LCD monitor will be the exact image that is taken.
How do I make a Panorama picture?
You can easily make panorama pictures with your D-390 by “stitching” together multiple pictures. First, activate the panorama mode on the camera by selecting Mode Menu - Camera - Panorama. Take your pictures while making sure to overlap the edges of the images. Download your pictures to a computer and then use the “Panorama” function in Camedia Master to stitch them together. For more detailed information, please refer to the camera documentation.
What is movie mode function?
The movie mode function allows you to record short movie clips. The recorded movies can be played back or stored as still images using the cameras index function. Please note that the D-390 does not record sound in the movie mode.
Can I add sound to a movie made with my D-390?
The D-390 does not record sound in the movie mode.
What is the best way to e-mail images?
E-mailing pictures that were taken with your camera is as easy as attaching a file to your message.