Question about Food Mixers
1. Remove the acorn nut, hex nut, and washer that hold the "planetary" agitator section on the transmission shaft.
2. Remove the trim ring (if any) around the same.
3. The agitator section should now be able to be worked free.
4. Remove the retainer clip on the top of the agitator shaft. (Some models have a pair of hex nuts here; if so, remove those.)
5. Pry the gear up and off the shaft. Remove the square key from the shaft keyway at the same time.
6. Tap gently on the top of the agitator shaft to drive it out from the bearings and grease seal.
7. Recommend removing and replacing the top bearing at this time; it's inexpensive to replace, if you're in this deep.
8. Use a suitable diameter piece of round steel stock to drive out the lower bearing and oil seal. I don't recommend using the agitator shaft.
9. Clean thoroughly, insert a new bottom bearing and oil seal, drive in place with a rubber mallet.
10. Replace agitator shaft through oil seal and bearing, tap gently into place.
11. Fill cavity with approved lubricant. I use USP-grade mineral oil, as it is food-safe and provides satisfactory lubricity.
11. Install top bearing, tap gently into place.
12. Reverse steps 5-1 to reassemble.
Posted on Aug 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2016 | Hobart Food Mixers
Jan 13, 2014 | Hobart H600 Stand Mixer
Sep 05, 2011 | Hobart H600 Stand Mixer
Apr 05, 2011 | Hobart H600 Stand Mixer
Dec 09, 2009 | Food Mixers
Mar 17, 2009 | Hobart D300 Stand Mixer
Nov 29, 2008 | Hobart A200 Stand Mixer
Mar 11, 2008 | Hobart HL600 Legacy Stand Mixer
Jun 27, 2017 | Food Mixers
542 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!