Question about Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders
Hi! The cartridge is stuck in my Kenwood KDC C461 CD changer. I have removed power from the unit and removed it from my car to bring it inside. Before I screw something up, I'd like to know if you have any advice to un-stick it.
If for some reason you would opt for user performed action, then pls try:
1. reset, unplug from the mains for at least an hour and try again;
2. check if there is a slide switch of some sort at the rear of the unit;
3. check if there may be a pinhole somewhere along the bottom of the loading tray where a blunted point safety pin maybe inserted;
4. open the top cover and manually eject the tray;
5. check internally if there is a mechanical problem such as a slipping/cut belt, gears that do not mesh correctly;
6. if the unit has been in use for some time, it may simply need cleaning and re-application of lubricant in the mechanical assembly.
The slider mechanism, depending on the age of the unit and , consists of the small chrome rail, a drive motor, a small gear assembly, and (in some units) a small belt that drives the slider unit via the motor. This small belt causes all sorts of problems. If the belt is broken or slipping, it can cause skipping, dropouts, or simply no start up at all. Also, if the belt breaks in the middle of the disc, the drive mechanism gets hair or dirt wrapped up into the gears, or the pick-up assembly doesn’t return to the start position (called home), the unit will (99% of the time) refuse to release the disc, causing it to become stuck inside the unit. There’s a little micro or leaf type switch located at home position that sometimes gets dirty or breaks and, causing this problem also.
DON'T FORGET TO RATE;
Posted on Aug 25, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 18, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-C719 10-Disc CD Changer
Jul 01, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-C719 10-Disc CD Changer
Jan 28, 2010 | Kenwood KDC-C469 6-Disc CD Changer
Apr 14, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Jan 20, 2017 | Kenwood Audio Players & Recorders
490 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: