With my X4550 there is "Lexmark image studio". I try to scan a 2 pages document but it create 2 documents (1 per page). I used MS Word and Acrobat reader from the control panel.
I read that Productivity Studio is able to scan multiple page document, do you know if is possible download from Lexmark?
The 4550 will not allow multi page scanning into a single doc using the provided software. You should try another scan software that is TWAIN or WIA compatible. Those should work okay if you are using a USB connection.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to Start, Programs (Windows XP: All Programs), Lexmark , Lexmark All-In-One-Center.
Place your first scan on the scanner glass. Press Preview Now to see what the scan will look like.
Under Scan... Send scanned images to, select Microsoft Word (or the relevant software).
Click See More Scan Settings.
Next, click on Display Advanced Scan Settings.
Under the Scan tab, look for an option towards the bottom that reads Scan multiple items before output,and select it.
Click Scan Now.
After each scan, you will be asked if you would like to scan another document. You can select either Yes or No.
Click on Yes to continue after each scan until you have scanned in all of your pages.
When you have scanned all your pages, click on No. One of two things will then happen:
A screen will appear which will allow you to save all your pages in a single file to a destination of your choosing.
The software package you have chosen to scan your item to will open with the scanned image displayed.
1. You need to install a PDF printer driver on your computer first. There are quite a few freeware PDF writer programs on the Internet you can download one such as CutePDF. To download CutePDF printer driver (freeware) click on this link :- http://www.cutepdf.com/
2. Using your computer SCAN the first page then click on File - Save the image as a jpg file Eg. image1.jpg
3. Repeat the scan the next page and save the image file Eg. image2.jpg
4. Repeat step 3 for the other pages.
5. Close the scanner when finished scaning.
6. Open a Word document then place each image file on a new page in the Word document
7. Save the Word document if you require but not needed.
8. Click on File - Print then select CutePDF printer (or your PDF printer driver) and save the PDF file. This PDF file will contain the multiple pages of the scanned pages.
1. Click PDF on the Custom Scan with One-click tab or click PDF in the one-click mode screen to open the PDF dialog box.
* If you wish to convert the text in a document to editable text data, scan the item with the OCR. The precision of OCR is affected by the nature of the scanned original
2. Select the type of document to be scanned. Important
To scan correctly, select a document type that matches the document to be scanned.
3. Select a file type to save the scanned image.
Select PDF, PDF(Multiple Pages) or PDF(Add Page) Important
Click Set... to open a dialog box and specify the PDF compression type and other advanced settings for creating PDF files.
4. Place the first original on the scanner and click the [Scan] button at the right bottom corner of the PDF window.
5. When scanning is completed, place the next original and click the [Scan] button.
6. Repeat scanning by clicking the [Scan] button until you finish all the originals.
7. When all the original is finished, click the [Exit] button.
8. When the scan is complete, it automatically starts the application program that displays PDF files and opens the scanned image file in it.
To scan a text document or black and white document, you are recommended to set the Scan Mode to Black and White or Grayscale.
You are recommended to limit the number of pages in any one multiple PDF file to 20 or less if you are scanning a color document with the Image Quality set to 300 dpi and the size to a setting equivalent to Letter size.
Yes, the printer can scan documents for emailing. You can use the Lexmark Imaging Studio to scan to email. Go to Start menu -> Programs -> Lexmark 3500-4500 Series -> Lexmark Imaging Studio -> E-mail. Select the Photo, Several Photos, or Document option. Click Start. Click Create E-mail to have your images attached to an e-mail message.
For more information, you can refer to the Lexmark X4550 user's guide. For Windows, you can access the user's guide by going to the Start menu -> Programs -> Lexmark 3500-4500 Series -> User's Guide.
You can also download your printer's user's guide for free from the Lexmark website. Click on this link Lexmark 3500-4500 User's Guide.
I hope this information has been helpful. Thanks.
Scanned to one file is only supported for Document Scan type ( you
should choose shortcut with scan type =Document) and you should make
sure that the box "Create one file per scanned page..." (in the Save to
file Options) is unticked
Hi. Here are the steps you need to do to send a scanned document/image using your default email application. Place your orinal document/image on the printer. Using the Productivity Studio software, click email, select the scan type (photo, several photos or document). Click start. Click create email to attach the file to the email message. Hope this helps. There's also a PDF file User Guide you can download from the Lexmark website for your reference. Just click on this link: http://bit.ly/9gZV0u . Click on the 9500 Series All-In-One User's Guide found below the page. Download the PDF file. Refer to Scanning page for concerns about scanning. Good luck!
There is no Fax built in to the Lexmark X3500-X4500 printer. You can use the Lexmark Imaging Studio software to scan documents and send them with fax.
See page 68 of the 3500-4500 Series User's Guide.
1 Load an original document facedown on the scanner glass. 2 From the desktop, double-click the Lexmark Imaging Studio icon. 3 From the left pane of the Welcome screen, click Fax. 4 Select the Document option. 5 Click Start.
Open your Adobe Acrobat (e.g., 9.0 Pro), load your pages into the document feeder (fewer than 30 at a time), then ask Adobe Acrobat to create PDF from scanner (File/Create PDF/From Scanner). Canon MP530 as the scanner and click OK. Works like a charm!
For you to be able to scan multiple pages using the .pdf and save it in one file, here are the steps that i want you to follow.
1. Open the Solution Center.
2. Click on Settings, then go to scan settings.
3. Click on Scan preferences.
4. Make sure that the "Prompt for additional scans from glass/TMA has a checkmark. then click OKAY.
1. Solution Center is open, click on Scan documents.
2. Scan document settings is open, choose SCAN TO: .pdf and file type is .pdf
3. Click on SCAN below. It will start scanning, and just click on ACCEPT everytime it gives preview on each document.