Question about Pantech Duo Smartphone
How can I set a ring tone to notify me when I receive a text?
Always think carefully about altering your phone's window registry for any reason. If you follow the instructions all should be fine. If you are a complete novice, I wouldn't recommend it, you could seriously mess up your phone. Use at your own discretion.
*WARNING I DO NOT know the extent at which this works ( "How many tones that can be added""How long the ringtones can be"FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!! I AM NOT/WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUED TO YOUR PANTECH DUO BY PERFORMING THIS PROCESS!! Doing this involves tinkering with the phones defaults if you change something that you are not supposed to the phone may not work causing the phones warranty to be void (Solution:If your not sure what your doing DONT DO IT). Before you start make sure all ringtones you desire to be used as alerts for text messages, voicemail, etc. are in the "\My Documents\My Ringtones\" folder. This is very important as you will see. Also make sure all ringtones are short enough (15 seconds MAX) that they will be recognized as useable tones*
1. Download the Mobile Registry Editor (Don't worry it's Free) http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/2005/1/Mobile_Registry_Editor.aspx
2. Connect your Pantech Duo to your Desktop/Laptop and run the registry editor
3. Once your device and has been connected to the Editor open "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" (should be the second file folder down)
4. Open "Control Panel" (this should also be the second file folder down)
5. Click (and only click) "Sounds" (Should be the 15th file folder down *make sure its just "Sounds" and not "SoundCatergories"*)
6. Double Click "All Sounds"
7. In the pop up menu box scroll down to the end of the list of assorted factory tones
8. Put your cursor at the end of the last line and press enter to creat a new line to type in
9. Type in " \My Documents\My Ringtones\ " immediately by the exact name of the file you wish to enter ( EXAMPLE: \My Documents\My Ringtones\342.wow.mp3) MAKE SURE YOU ADD THE FILE TYPE (.wma,.mp3, etc.)
10. Click "OK" when you are finsihed adding your ringtones
11. On your Pantech Duo from the home menu Click Start>Settings>Sounds>Text Message then scroll through the tone options to reveal that tones you added are options and and can be play automatically!!
Reply and tell me if it worked, if it didn't, or if the directions are unclear P.S. have someone text you to double check if it works
Posted on Aug 30, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2016 | Cell Phones
Jan 30, 2010 | Nokia 6101 Cellular Phone
Jun 02, 2009 | LG Vu CU920 Cellular Phone
Feb 15, 2009 | Nokia E50
Nov 11, 2008 | LG Vu CU920 Cellular Phone
Aug 10, 2008 | LG Shine KE970 Cellular Phone
Jul 23, 2008 | Samsung SYNC SGH-A707 Cellular Phone
Jun 08, 2008 | Samsung SYNC SGH-A707 Cellular Phone
Mar 25, 2008 | Nokia 6600
258 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: