Help, i have rad your solution on how to solve a brother printer that has numeric keypad, but the problem is,,, my brther dcp 130c dont have numeric keypad so i cant enter the digit.. is there anyway to reset the purge counter coz theres an error showing unable to clean 46.. anu help would be appreciated.. thanks
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi you can try This works with most Brother printers Procedure how to reset the error 46 error (unable to clean). This can be done on every Brother inkjet machine with a numeric keypad.
- Machine off - Switch on the machine while holding down the “menu” button until all the leds are flashing on/off. Now you are in “maintenance” mode. - press 80 - press the “mono start” button several times until you see “purge: xxxx” - press “2783” in order to reset the purge counter. You will see: “purge:0000” - press “99” to exit the maintenance mode
Now you are able to print again, but actually your ink absorber box is now full with ink. Ink flooding can happen if you don’t replace this ink box Also can try.
Reset code. Press menu then*2864 within 2 seconds (maint should be on the display and all the lights should be flashing, if not try again) press 80 then keep pressing black/mono start button until screen displays ‘purge count’ press 2783 to reset purge count press stop/exit key press 99 machine should return to normal
press the menu and mono start keys next pess the arrow up key 4 times to make machine enter matinence mode
2 enter 8 and 0 by using arrow key and set key
3 press mono start key several times until the purge count appears on the lcd
4 ente 2 7 8 3 by using arrow key and set key to reset the purge counter to zero
5 press stop/exit key and return to the intial stage of mantince mode
6 enter 9 twicw by using the up arrows and set keys to exit from matince mode
...because you have run the cleaning cycles too much, the waist inktank is fed up! needs replacing. contact brother hotline or try to get one from a service partner which can be found on the brother homepage of your country.
- pull out the AC plug - put back the AC plug while holding down the "menu" button and keep holding it (15 sec) - now you are entering the MAINTENANCE mode and "error 46" pops up in the display - select 8 by using the arrow buttons ,push OK and select 0 and push OK - 00:00 00:01 OK (the display is showing this message) - now push the MONO button 25 times until you see PURGE: xxxxx - Select 2, push ok, select 7,push ok,select 8,push ok, select 3,push ok - the purge counter indicates now: purge: 00000 - switch off the printer ,switch it on - ready to print
IT means you need to reset the purge counter in order to that .
For MFC - 240c
1.Enter mainatanace mode by pressing menu button at time of switch on. and leve the menu button when fax/scan/copy/photocapture button start blinking
2.press *, 8 & 0 and drag the this submenu by pressing mono button to get "purge" eg (purge:9624)
3.Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero. 4.Press the Stop/Exit . OFF the printer .and turn it on.