I have a pup that chewed the charging cord. I repaired it and am getting the
correct voltage out of the cord connector. I am getting on the lower right tray "connected but not charging" Is there a circuit that controls the charging of the battery? What would you suggest?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
make sure the plug is wired correctly .. the colors of wires depend on what country it came from .. in the US it would have a black, white and green wire ... the black wire would be connnected to the small flat prong (thats the AC hot wire) .. the white wire would be connected to the wide flat prong (thats AC return) and the green wire would go to the round grouund connection .. if these are not wired correctly then it may not work and could be dangerous .. have it checked by anyone that is familiar with electronics .. make sure the pup didnt chew another spot on the wire ... ..
The phone base uses the terminals in the charger to tell you that it is "charging". It does not sense power.
One of the following is probably true:
1. Cord is not good (check for voltage at charger terminals
2. Connector terminals are compressed from improper connectin - inspect and correct with straight pin (pull all the terminal elements to an equal level
3. Diode in the phone has popped and the battery chargering circuit cannot feed the battery correctly.
4. Battery is bad (shorted, dead).
Best to borrow someone elses and see if it will charge on your charger.
When you plug in the adapter into the laptop a LED lights up to indicate that it is connected to the mains supply and is charging. The adapter is faulty or the connector is not making proper electrical contact. Wriggle the connector plug to see if the charge light comes on, if it does then the loose connector needs repairing.
Check the adapter with a multi-meter, the voltage reading should be a slightly higher than the voltage that is printed on the label on the adapter. If the voltage is more than 10% below the nominated voltage then replace the adapter it is faulty.
Check the adapter with a multi-meter, the voltage on the plug that connects into the laptop should have a voltage slightly higher than the voltage that is printed on the lable on the adapter. If you get nothing then the adapter is faulty and needs to be replaced. That is why the battery is not charging.
It is not a special chip that dictates if a charger can charge a certain laptop, but these two factors:
1) You need to have a power adapter/charger with the correct voltage and amps. Some common Dell laptops use 19.5V (volts) and 4.62A (amps). I have seen some Dell adapters with 3.34A (amps) as well. If you use an adapter with the wrong voltage and amperage, you could cause damage to the laptop's power supply and/or motherboard...or it just won't work at all.
2) The type of connector to the laptop. Different manufacturer's use physically different connector sizes and shapes. Some are larger and circular with a pin in the middle, while some are smaller with no pin. It depends on the laptop.
You can look at the voltage of the original charger on the brick part (the middle of the cord that looks like a brick). Make sure you get one that matches exactly.
The power connector on the motherboard is not making contact.
This is not a simple procedure to correct due to the laptop needing to be completely disassembled to get access to the motherboard.
If you gently move the power cord around in a circle while pushing towards the laptop it should get power to it until it moves out of place again. Do this while watching the lights panel for any signs of light. Also remember it will take a second or so for the battery charge light to show power entering the laptop, so move the cord very slowly.
The suggested soloution will invole the laptop being sent to your local laptop repair centre for this to be corrected, or if you still have warranty, then get it done by Toshiba.
It is also a common fault to all laptops.. There is just not enough strength in the solder that holds the power connector in place to take years of connecting/disconnecting of the cable.
Try a standard multi voltage charger.
These come with a selection of connectors each one of a specific size and color coded.
so you pick the connector to fit the input jack then set the charger to the appropriate color to give the correct voltage.