In order to connect to our office voice mail, you must dial ** (double asteriks) followed by mailbox number and password followed by #. After using this for nearly 12 years with many different phones, I can't get my new 3G to connect to voice mail at my business.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Using Office voice mail system
It seems this a bug with Apple iPhone 3G version and is already reported to Apple R&D. For workaround you need to perform the steps mentioned by a user having similar problem:
_________________________________________________ I've had the same problem with being unable to access my Nortel voicemail system using the ** entry. After reading all of your posts I came up with a solution that works for me every time. I thought I should share this with all of you. First, you need to install a free application on your iPhone 3G that both records and plays back recordings. I used the YouNote free version but I'm sure many will work because the principle is the same. Then go to this website http://www.dialabc.com/sound/generate/ and generate a sound of "**". I used the default settings of the program. Then, save the file in your computer, play it on your computer, and record the sound on your iPhone by using your recording application (eg YouNote). Then, place the call to you voicemail number and while its dialing exit the phone call screen, open the Record/Play App (YouNote), and at the appropriate time, play the recording. Then, just exit the App, open the phone icon and enter your password...you are in. This has worked for me every time. This is a little bit of a hassle but it's easier than the other suggestions I've seen. This will hold all of us over until Apple fixes this problem
You should also refer to thread of this issue from the link mentioned below:
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A U.S. Cellular®, they understand that your Voice Mail is about more than just sending and retrieving messages. It is about staying connected to what is important at all times - even when you or the people you are calling are not available.
Setup And Retrieval
You must set up your mailbox the first time you use your U.S. Cellular Voice Mail. Please ensure you are using your wireless device for the initial set up.
Access your mailbox by dialing *86 or your 10-digit wireless phone number + SEND
Follow these prompts to set up your mailbox:
Choose English or Spanish as your language preference
From your cell dial 1 by holding down till it dials your voice mail. If it has not been seet up previously it will ask you to do so. The default password is usually the last four digits of your cellular number. You can also dial your cell number from another phone such as a land line and let it ring till voice mail picks up. At that time press the ( * ) astrisk key to get mail. Very handy when your phone is dead etc...
To access the System Administrator Mailbox: 1. Dial into voice mail: From any phone on system dial 150 2. When the system answers, dial [*] + [#] followed by the System Administrator Mailbox number: (# 0 0 ) The system will announce: "Mailbox 15-00", which is the System Administrator Mailbox number. 3. When requested, enter the System Administrator password. Default = +[#]+. There is no back door password .
Hi,If your account is enabled for voice mail, you can receive voice messages in your Inbox and also in a text message on your mobile phone. Both the message in your Inbox and the text message will include a preview of the voice message in text. How do I set up voice mail?
1. Go to https://outlook.com to sign in to your mailbox, go to Options > Voice Mail tab, and then click Set Up Now. 2. When you set up your voice mail: * You'll register your mobile phone number. * Text messaging is set up. You can choose to be notified in a text message that you have voice mail or have missed a call. * Call forwarding is set up so that your mobile provider forwards calls you receive to your voice mail. So if you don't answer your phone, your phone is busy, or you're unreachable or unavailable, the caller will be sent to your voice mail. After your personal greeting is played, the caller can leave a voice message for you. * You can test whether your voice mail has been set up correctly by dialing your mobile phone number from your mobile phone. This verifies that call forwarding is correctly set up with your mobile provider.
How do I change my voice mail after I've set it up?
After you've finished setting up voice mail, you may want to:
* Change the mobile provider's voice mail number so you can use the key your provider has reserved for accessing voice mail to access your voice mail. For details about how to do this, see Changing the Number You Call to Access Your Voice Mail. * Create a contact on your mobile phone. For details about how to do this, see Create a Contact for Voice Mail. * Assign a speed dial key to the contact you create for Outlook Web App voice mail. For details about how to do this, see Set Up Speed Dialing for Voice Mail.
What else do I need to know?
* The voice mail service is available only to certain customers in certain regions. If you can use voice mail, you'll see a welcome message in your Inbox telling you how to set up voice mail for your account.
You can reenter the mail box number by selcting the menu .You can also reset the mailbox number to your favourite called number in the speed dial( No 1)
select Menu. select mesages- select voice messages- select mail box number - change and put the number you desire.
Is voice Mailbox setup? Have you enabled voice messages in menu. Should be able to press and hold 1 to connect to your voice mailbox...that phone number is automatically programmed on speed dial, key 1
You have to dial 1 to get in your mail box. Follow prompts to listen to your messages. If you never activated your voicemail your password is most likely the last 4 digits of your cell phone number. Delete messages and your mail box will be able to take new voice mail. Worse case scenario, go to your nearest store and ask a representative to reset your password to clear the messages.