TRYING TO RECOVER LAPTOP, GETTING THE ERROR MSG 10-FC 12-045D
Based on the information available online and the suggestions provided by the Computer Experts, the error might be occurring due to any issues with the Hard Drive of the Computer.
However, to confirm if the issue is related to the Hard Drive, please perform the steps mentioned below:
1) Turn OFF and turn ON the Computer.
2) Then, go to the BIOS Menu.
3) In the BIOS main menu, check if the Hard Drive is listed there.
4) If the Hard Drive is not listed in the BIOS main menu, please go to the "Boot" tab.
5) In the Boot tab, the Hard Drive should be mentioned along with the Hardware components of the Computer such as CD/DVD Drive etc.,
6) Check if the Hard Drive is listed on the BIOS main menu or the Boot tab.
7) If the Hard Drive is mentioned in the BIOS, this indicates that you can try some more troubleshooting steps, before getting the Hard Drive replaced.
8) If the Hard Drive is mentioned in the BIOS, you may try performing the Hardware Diagnostics.
9) The Hardware Diagnostics can be performed by using the Recovery Tools.
10) The Recovery Tools will pre-installed with all the OEM Computers.
11) For some Models, the Recovery Tools should also be supplied with the Recovery Discs.
12) Performing the Hardware Diagnostics will perform a complete scan for any errors or issues with the Hardware Components such as the Hard Drive, RAM etc.,
13) If there are any issues with the Hard Drive, RAM etc., they will be mentioned in the detailed report of the Hardware Diagnostics.
14) Once, the Hardware Diagnostics is complete, you may again try performing the Recovery.
15) If the issue still persists even after performing the Hardware Diagnostics, then the issue might be Hardware related.
16) The issue might be with the Hard Drive.
17) It would be better to replace the Hard Drive, if the issue still persists even after performing all the above steps.
Hope this helps.
Please feel free to ask further questions.
Aug 15, 2010 |
Computers & Internet