Question about Video Game Consoles
ok right so your ps3 wont read disks huh well first of all id like to say this has happened to me twice and it has worked perfectly for me and i quarentee it will work for you ...
first save all your data to a memory stick
secondly go to settings, system settings, and format your ps3 by clicking on full format this will delete all your filles :( but will refresh your ps3
BTW this formatting thing will take atleast 4 hours so just leave your ps3 on and chill out watch t.v or something :)
hope this helps
Posted on Jun 03, 2009
I had a similar problem. My PS3 was not starting the game discs when I
inserted those to the PS3. Also those game discs were not visible in the
I did not have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were working fine.
Actually I was able to start the game disc with a special trick, which required start some application, such as a downloaded game, let it start, and then hit the PS home button. The game disc title then shows up under the game menu and from that point remains viewable until the disc is ejected or the console is turned off.
In case you have the similar problem, I was able to fix this problem by executing the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After the PS3 has executed this DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again under the game menu and are also starting automatically when inserted to the PS3.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
SOURCE: playstation 3 keeps crashing
two problems. 1) not reading games or movies is due to a bad laser. It needs to be replaced depending on the model it will take a kes-400aaa(60,80gb and some 40gb) or kes-410a all newer ps3's use this laser. 2) Crashing online can be due to the system over heating. Make sure the system is horizontal never stand them up verticle this causes serious cooling issues. Also these units do get filled with dust and animal hair which cloags the vents. I have noticed that the ps3 runs much hotter when a wireless internet connection.
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
apparently the processor was knackered which is quite common and it was more economical to buy a new ps3 than repair the old one.
thanks for your time
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2013 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 19, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jul 15, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 01, 2010 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Dec 14, 2009 | Sony PlayStation® 3 (60 GB) Console
Nov 06, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 19, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 17, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
301 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!