First be clear, do you want to update your BIOS & if so then go through this first: To identify your current BIOS version, check the BIOS version string:
- During boot, enter the BIOS setup by pressing F2.
- Check the Main menu.
- The 4-digit number after the '86A' or '86I' is the current BIOS version, as in this example: MQ96510H.86A.1663.2007.0319.1957
- Press Escape to exit BIOS Setup.
- Update the BIOS on your computer only if the newer BIOS version
specifically solves a problem you have. We do not recommend BIOS
updates for computers that do not need it. You can view all new BIOS
fixes in the Release Notes included on the BIOS download page in
- Before initiating a BIOS update, be sure to read and
precisely follow the update instructions. You may wish to print the
instructions for easy reference.
- If a BIOS update process is interrupted, your computer may
not function properly. We recommend the process be done in an
environment with a steady power supply (preferably with UPS).
- All images in the examples used in the instructions are
specific to certain desktop boards and are for illustration purposes
only. You need to select the correct BIOS files for your desktop board.
There are up to six methods of updating an Intel® Desktop Board BIOS
to the latest version. The number of options made available for any
particular board may vary, depending on drive support and BIOS update
file size. You only need to use one.All BIOS update files for Intel® Desktop Boards are available on Intel(link: http://mysearch.intel.com/corporate/default.aspx?culture=en_US&q=d845PEBT2&category=all&adv=0&value=0&searchsubmit.x=30&searchsubmit.y=12).
If simply want to clear the BIOS then either remove the small battery on the MB, wait for a couple of minutes and replace it. Else close to the BIOS chip look for a 3 pin setup on the mother boar with a jumper on two pins Remove the jumper, wait for 10-20 seconds & replace it. That will clear the BIOS.
A word of caution, do not update the BIOS if your PC is working properly. Do it when prompted to,during installing a new software or hardware this message will pop up on the screen.................sodeep