I have followed the installion instructions, checked wiring and set-up, but
still cannot get it to work, it used to work but I had a problem with the
internal battery no holding a charge, had to replace battery, at about the
same time lost wireless, went back to wired, thought router went bad.
I just purchased a new one but same problem, could it be the wireless
option board installed in the laptop? I don't know what else to do.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: Trying to connect a netgear wireless router.
It's most likely a glitch with the wireless driver. Uninstall the wireless driver from the device manager, then reboot. The machine will find the wireless card and reinstall the drivers. This should clear it up, if not let me know.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Connect a LAN cable from the Netgear to the LAN port on your computer, open a browser and enter the Netgear configuration URL - http://192.168.0.1 The default login = admin The default PW = password You can now change the default admin password and configure the wireless settings. Go to the wireless configuration and set up the SSID and WPA or WPA2 encryption to protect your wireless network and Internet from unauthorized access. Now apply these settings to the wireless card in your laptop/computer. To secure your wireless network from unauthorized access, please click on this link and follow my instructions :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3559128-wireless_router_security
1. You have to reset your router to its original factory configuration by using the reset button at the back of the router (WGT624 v3) near the antenna.
2. Connect the cable from the Globe Broadband Huawei B200 modem to the wan port of the router.
3. Connect another cable (RJ45) from the router (any Lan port on the router) to the laptop or desktop.
4. Switch on both device (modem and router).
5. Wait till both device boot up and the modem flash a blue, green and yellow color on its led and solid green to all router indicator led except the test led indicator flashing for a few seconds only.
6. Open your browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Safari...)
7. Type http://192.168.1.1 at the address bar.
8. Netgear setup website will open.
9. Go to advance settings.
10. Go to back up menu and click erase to reset your router to its original factory settings.
12. Switch off the device (modem and router).
13. Remove the cable connecting the computer and the Lan port of the router.
14. Connect the modem directly to the laptop using the cable.
15. Open a browser.
16. Go to the netgear website.
17. Go to the Support menu on the Netgear Website.
18. Type the model of the modem (WGT624 v3) on the blank space provided (Find your product).
19. Go to Downloads.
20. Download WGT624v3 Firmware Version 2.0.26_1.01 NA.
21. Read the instruction how to download the firmware and how to upgrade your router to the new firmware.
22. Save the downloaded firmware.
23. Exit the Netgear Website.
24. Switch off the modem.
25. Now follow the instructions #2 to #8.
26. Go to "Upgrade the Router" menu.
27. Upload the downloaded firmware to the router.
28. After uploading the firmware go to the Basic Settings Menu or use the Smart Wizard Menu to configure your Router.(Important Updates: Lan IP Address will be changed automatically to 10.0.0.1). Automatic internet connections will be tested by the network.
29. Configure your wireless settings. Logout.
30. Reboot all the devices and the laptop/desktop.
31. Follow the sequence when rebooting. (modem-router-laptop/desktop).
32. Open a browser and browse any website.
Turn off the laptop, unplug, remove battery, plug in. Push and hold the reset button for 30 seconds or so on the Netgear to reset to default settings. Boot laptop, when boot is complete, Open Network and Sharing Center, click on Manage Wireless networks, remove your OLD wireless network. Close Network and Sharing Center. In your Tray Notification Area , left click on the network icon, select unsecured Netgear Wireless Network. When connected, reconfigure SSID and Security Password.
Connect a LAN cable from the Netgear to the LAN port on yourcomputer, open a browser and enter the Netgear configuration URL - http://192.168.0.1 The default login = admin The default PW = passwordYou can now change the default admin password and configurethe wireless settings. Go to the wireless configuration and set up the SSID and WPA or WPA2encryption. Apply these settings to the wireless card in your laptop/computer. To secure your wireless network from unauthorized access, please click on thislink and follow my instructions :-http://www.fixya.com/support/r3559128-wireless_router_security
There are many router related settings on NETGEAR wireless router and if these are not configured properly, then issues such as router not connecting to Internet might come up. All NETGEAR wireless router users facing router not connecting to Internet are suggested to verify the router related settings such as access points and reconfigure them if required. Users are also advised to check the firewall settings on the system and ensure that they are not blocking the connection.
I rcommend you RESET your Netgear router first.
To RESET the Netgear, power up the Netgear then press andhold the RESET button at the back of the router until all the LEDs flash.
Connect a LAN cable from the Netgear to the LAN port on yourcomputer, open a browser and enter the Netgear configuration URL - http://192.168.0.1 The default login = admin The default PW = password
You can now change the admin password and configure thewireless settings. Go to the wireless configuration and set up the SSID and WPA or WPA2encryption. Apply these settings to the wireless card in your laptop/computer.
If you are trying to connect the computer using a wireless connection then - Then
the password probably the wireless router's encryption key (WEP or WPA
or WPA2 code). This is part of the wireless configuration.
connect to your wireless router, it needs the router's wireless settings
configured and also needs the wireless cards in all the laptops and or
computers to be configured with the router's wireless settings. Then the
laptops and desktop computers can communicate with your wireless
Hi, There have been some compatibility issues with certain wireless cards. First try (for a short time) to remove any encryption you have set up on your wireless system. If the laptop logs on now, this is the problem I've confronted a few times. Try the different types of encryption that your router provides. If that doesn't work, I'd send the Netgear back (if its under warranty) explaining the problem. If there is no help there, maybe you should get the same model of router as next door. Hope this helps
So, this is a new computer you are trying to add to your router? I hope you have configured your wireless router for encryption. If you haven't you should, or evil people will read your transmissions. If you cant find the router key, you can reset the router back to default, (sometimes the router has a pinhole which resets it to defaults, go to Netgear to get info on how to set up an encrypted connection for your model (each model has its own default setttings, which Netgear can tell you--unless you still have its manual; then use windows to set up your wireless network. Hope that takes care of it for you. It is also possible that you can use windows wireless setup for usuing one of your computers as a wireless port, instead of your router--you might bypass the mess that way. But do find out whether it is encrypted. Good luck