- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I don't know how far you want to strip this, but if you're getting a scanner failure error, clean the underside of the scanner glass and the scanner mirrors then check all the connections (i've found this can cure the fault).
(1) Remove the ADF Rear Cover
(2) Remove 1 Screw from ADF cover
(3) Disconnect the Harness on the ADF PC Board
(4) Open the ADF.
(5) Release the Latch of the Left Hinge with a small
Straight Edge Screwdriver and remove the ADF.
(6) Remove the Control Panel Unit.
(7) Remove 8 Screws from scanner base
(8) Remove the Wire Clamp
(9) Remove the Scanner Cover Assembly
(10) Disconnect the Harness
(11) Remove 2 Screws
(12) Remove the Scanning Lamp
13) Slide the CCD Unit.
(14) Remove the CCD Harness Seal
(15) Remove 2 Screws
(16) Remove the Seal Plate
(17) Disconnect the Flat Harness
There is no need to disconnect the front FG
Harness that is attached to the CCD Unit.
(18) Remove 3 Screws and 2 Screws
(19) Remove the Main Board Cover
(20) Disconnect all the Harnesses.
(21) Remove 4 Screws
(22) Remove SPC PC Board