I started up my printer today. The panel lights flicker on then the screen goes blank except for an = sign. I tried getting into the service tests menu by holding down the enter and up arrow buttons but nothng happened. Any suggestions.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
will suggest you try reset the printer, follow the instruction below
to reset your printer,
1. Without turning the unit off, unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
2. Press and hold # and 6 keys.
3. While holding those keys plug the power cord back in.
4. Wait until the screen goes blank before you release those keys.
5. Follow on printer screen instructions.
If that did not fix the problem, try this,
Unplug the power cable from printer while the printer is powered on.
Press and hold OK and HELP buttons while plugging in the power cord.
Wait for the screen to go black or blank before releasing the keys.
Just turn on the printer and configure your printer new.
Try doing this steps to your printer:
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power. 2. Wait 30 seconds. 3. Plug in the power cable only. 4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times. 5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power and check the functionality.
Please check if the ink cartridges have been fixed properly. I will suggest you to do this again. Also check if you have removed the thin protective tape which is placed on the ink pad before fixing the ink cartridge.
If it does not solve your problem, reload the software on the computer and then try printing.
Sometimes my screen goes blank also and I just hit the OK button, i6t might just be resting. Also, Unplug the printer and plug it back in. Seems to work for me when I have to stop a print job. It resets itself, I think.
First let me know if there is backlight on printer control panel or not.
If there is no backlight on printer control panel than May be LCD Control panel is faulty or it is not recieveiving power from DC Controller.
If there is back light than try these steps.
Try to reseat the Memory DIMM of the printer
If u have replacement of DIMM than try that .
Or else formatter is faulty.
Need to get formatter replaced.
Operator panel display Service tip: The printer has detected a problem with the system card, the operator panel assembly cable (part of the top cover access assembly), or the operator panel assembly if POST does not complete. The printer emits 5 beeps, and sticks in a continuous pattern until the printer is turned off. Check for ground between JOPP1 pin 4 and ground. If correct, replace the operator panel assembly. Go to “Operator panel assembly removal” on page 4-22. If incorrect, check the operator panel assembly cable. If the cable is damaged, replace the top cover access assembly. Go to “Top access cover assembly removal” on page 4-23. If the cable is okay, replace the system card.