Question about Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Here is a solution that worked in my case (constant reboots after voice select)
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
My TomTom suddenly starting going through the setup all over again but when I tried to choose the language it would just freeze and restart.
I found this article on the tomtom site and tried it and it worked.
Part 1: Remove the current application
1. Reset your device.
2. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable or dock.
3. Turn on your device by pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
4. Run TomTom HOME.
5. In the Main Menu of HOME click on Remove items.
6. Click on the plus Tomtom keeps rebooting by itself - homeplus.gifsrc="http://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/homeplus.gif" alt="homeplus.gif" class="h_mi" /> next to ApplTomtom keeps rebooting by itself - home_checkmark.gifk in the checkbox on the right to select the application.
7. You will be prompted with the following warning message. Choose Yes.
8. Click on Remove selected items.
9. You will see a prompt, confirming the number of items you're going to delete. Choose OK.
10. You will be asked to copy the item to your computer before removing, do not copy the item. Instead, deselect the checkbox next to the application and click on Continue.
11. The application will then be removed. Click Done when complete.
Part 2: Reinstall the TomTom Application
1. Tomtom keeps rebooting by itself - vista_25.gifomTom HOME.
2. Locate the Download folder in the following location on your computer:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\TomTom\HOME Windows Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\TomTom\HOME
3. Rename this folder to 'DownloadOLD'.
5. Download and reinstall the latest application through HOME. For assistance with this process please see:
How do I update my TomTom device with the latest application?
In case you need to see the link to select a different model that's having the same issue:
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
I tried GT3RS's Best solution, and to my amazement it started to work! will have to test it on the road though. Before it wouldn't calculate navigation, just shut down and reboot. After testing some routes out, it seemed to work. It also saved settings and changes that it wouldn't do before either.( Before it Just flashed the " unable to access file " alert ) I think this is the easiest solution that seems to work and i've tried everything! Was ready to throw it away! give it a try, it only takes a few minutes. What do you have to lose?
Posted on Mar 29, 2009
Hi I have a TT XL IQ Routes that started rebooting after an unplanned disconnect from my PC. When looking at the files on the device using Windows Explorer I found a number of corrupted files, indicating a damaged FAT (File Allocation Table) these files could not be deleted or repaired. To resolve this I carried out the following: (1) Locate a 'Good' file backup of the device, made prior to the device causing problems! If you do not have one, you have a problem and will need to contact your dealer. (2) Connect the device to the PC via the USB lead, (3) I used Achronis Disk Director to format the device to FAT 16. (4) Copy the backed up files to the device. (5) Safely disconnect the device. (6) Reboot.....Job done. OK it's not for the faint hearted but it will resurrect your TT, the moral of the story is ALWAYS backup your device.
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
SOURCE: tomtom xl eurpoe switching off
The switching off problem can be generaly be attributed to 3 causes:
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 17, 2011 | Tomtom ONE XL GPS
Jun 16, 2011 | Tomtom GO 750 LIVE GPS Receiver
Jan 18, 2010 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Nov 23, 2009 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Oct 10, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Oct 03, 2009 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Mar 24, 2009 | Tomtom GO 510 GPS Receiver
Nov 05, 2008 | Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
Sep 10, 2008 | Tomtom GO 910 GPS Receiver
22,467 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!