Question about Philips Televison & Video
Scroll to "Preference" using the Left/Right arrow key
Press "138931" and a popup screen will appear
Use the Up arrow key and select 0 for a region free DVD player.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
Thank you so much worked a treat. thank you again.
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
It worked. thanks a lot.....
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
SOURCE: I bought a Philips DVP3980
1. Turn the DVD player on.
2. Open the loading tray.
3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote control.
4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key.
5. Type 138931.
6. The current region code will be displayed - use the Up/Down arrow buttons to select the region required or "0" for all regions.
7. Press the "Setup" button on the remote control.
8. Press "OK" on the remote control.
Posted on Oct 25, 2008
I found solution: Go to Google and type - DVD help. There is a site with codes for DVD players. http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/philips-dvp-3260/9309
Just type in the codes by: Press "Setup"
Scroll to "Preference" using the LEFT/RIGHT arrow key
Press "138931" and a pop-up screen will appear.
Use the UP/DOWN arrow key to choose the desired number.
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
SOURCE: how to make philips DVP3980
Hold the Stop key on the remote to Open the DVD tray
Press up/down key to select "0
Remember! The tray MUST be open in order for the Preferences menu to show up on Setup
Posted on Sep 27, 2008
SOURCE: philips dvp3266 region free
Hey, i had the same problem. Got the solution from a post by Myrakaru, February 09 2009. here are the steps:
1. With the remote control, turn on the player. Keep the tray closed.
2. Press SETUP and use the buttons LEFT or RIGHT (arrows) to go to the Preferences Page.
3. Type 138931 and a screen will appear on TV.
4. Use the buttons UP/DOWN (arrows) to change the region code to 0 (zero), then press OK.
5. Turn off the player and turn on again.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Not possible on this product. You need to have a special software hack to get that type of region free operation. The web lists a website in england that says they can do it. I cannot verify this claim. I hope this information helps you with your problem.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2013 | Philips HTS5593/12 3D Home cinema system...
Apr 06, 2011 | Philips Televison & Video
Dec 20, 2010 | Philips DVP3980 1080P DVD PLAYER
Oct 02, 2010 | Philips Televison & Video
Apr 01, 2010 | Philips DVP3980 1080P DVD PLAYER
Feb 24, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
Oct 12, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jul 15, 2008 | Philips DVP3960
373 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!