Question about Tomtom ONE 3rd Edition GPS
If your device freezes at the start-up screen after you turn it on or your device is looping, the TomTom application may not be installed properly.
See some examples of start-up screens here. The image may vary on previous TomTom devices or if you have replaced the image.
Before you begin, make sure you have TomTom HOME installed on your computer (www.tomtom.com/home ).
To solve this, follow the steps below.
Remove the current application
1. Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable or dock.
2. Reset your device.
3. Turn on your device by pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
4. Run TomTom HOME.
5. In the Main Menu of HOMETomTom device frozen - remove_items_from_my_device_uk.gifdevice.
6. Click on the plus symbol next to Applications. Click in the checkbox on the right to select the application.
7. TomTom device frozen - 2352_08.gif prompted to confirm the selection, choose Yes.
8. Click on Remove selected items.
9. Choose OK.
10. You will be asked to copy the item to your computer before removing, do not copy the item. Instead, choose Back.
The application will then be removed.
Reinstall the TomTom application: 1. Start TomTom HOME.
2a. If you previously updated your device on this computer, click TomTom device frozen - homeplus.jpgaffic, Voices etc. and then click Items on my computer.
You can install theTomTom device frozen - 654_03_us.jpgby clicking the plus symbol and then Add.
2b. If you never updated your device on this computer, click Update my device.
If HOME asks you to Unplug your TomTom device, try clicking OK first.TomTom device frozen - 1732_application_update_us.jpghas occured, click Back.
3. HOME offers to download and install the latest version of the TomTom application.
4. After the application has been installed, click Done and then click Device > Disconnect Device.
Your device should now start-up again. Since you have reinstalled the application, please allow a full 2 minutes for the TomTom device to fully boot.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
It is freezing because you are not getting a good satelite signal. Rarely it is the software. It happens to me all the time. It will maintain the last good location and stick that image on the screen.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2011 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Jan 22, 2010 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Jul 18, 2009 | Tomtom GPS
Dec 30, 2008 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Dec 27, 2008 | Tomtom ONE 130 GPS Receiver
Dec 01, 2007 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
771 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: