Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router (WPN824NAR)
I got the Netgear router for free with the purchase of a labtop.
I've been using this router with my family not for wireless but to have multiple computers share one internet with multiple ethernet cords.
I realized that a wireless network would be easier to have around the house. However when I was in the middle of wireless installation, it froze. (this was on my desktop computer)
Ever since then, I tried going back to using ethernet cords. However, it only works for one plug. It recognizes my labtop but not my computer.
Also, I've noticed that upon starting up the router device, the "test", "interenet", and "Lan" lights keep flickering back and forth. I have to wait or prod around the device to stop it.
I attempt to press the "Restore Factory Settings" button, but it does not change much.
What can I do to solve this problem?
Is this a manufacturer problem?
Is my router broken?
Thanks in advance! This is very frustrating. I have a laptop conected wireless to the netgear wireless router. I also have an IPHONE that would connect automatic when the router was in range After punching in the password the first time. The IPHONE crashed one day and needed to resync. Now the phone is asking for the password and apparently I forgot it. How can I retrive the password?
I want to tell you that how can you get your password back or reset your wireless password.
1. Work on your wired computer which is connected with the netgear router using ethernet cable
2. Make sure on the rear side of your netgear router you can see four ethernet slots and one internet slot.
3. One internet slot is only for your ISP modem and rest of the four slots you can use any computer to connect with that using ethernet cable.
4. Click on start - Run - then type in "cmd" press enter and you will get black screen. under the black screen just type "ipconfig" you can see some information on your screen search for default gateway numbers.
5. Once you get default gateway open IE and type those numbers without anything else then press enter.
6. It will ask you for user name and password by default "admin" and password is " password "
7. Once you click ok it will open netgear setting page
8. On the left side you can see wireless setting which is under "setup" then click on that option
9. On the middle of the screen you can scroll down that page at the bottom you can see your security key or passphrase.
10. Or you can type new password on the same screen and apply those settings
11. Now try again to connect your device wirelessly enter you existing password or new password which you have setup.
12. Make sure one thing more on the left hand side you have option called "Router Status"
13 Once you click on that at the middle of the screen show you router status and you can find the option called "internet port"
14. We are getting ip under internet port
15. If we re getting ip address then you can simply try to connect wirelessly otherwise please run setup wizard to configure your router. you should getting ip under internet port.
I believe these steps help you to resolve your problem
Thanks & Regards.
Jaspreet Singh Saini
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2011 | NetGear Computers & Internet
Jul 31, 2017 | NetGear RO318 Router
Dec 26, 2010 | NetGear DG834G Router
Sep 29, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 11, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
Jun 14, 2010 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
Dec 18, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Mar 23, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SB4220 Modem
Sep 09, 2008 | NetGear DG834G Router
Jun 20, 2008 | NetGear WIRELESS-G WGR614 802.11G WIRELESS...
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: