Hi I recently received an Ipod Nano from a friend and I set it up and everything worked great. I just locked the screen and I can't unlock it. I called my friend and he said that he forgot the 4 digit combination. Does anyone have a quick fix for this? it is silver a 2GB and i can't unlock it because i forgot the code!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: code to unlock apple ipods
Yes the code can be removed by restoreing the ipod
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.
How to restore your iPod: For Windows:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in iTunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in the Summary tab of the main iTunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software. The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When connect ipod to computer, go to my computer. Click on ipod:- -click on tools, go to folder options -go to view tab -check show hidden files -a ghost like folder will apear: ipod control -click on it and go to device -there will be a locked file -click and delete it
Well, to make a long story short, I finally unlocked my ipod after perilous hours of invalid guesses. What did I do? I have a habit of making obvious passwords-I simply goofed this time. I used the last four digits of my mother's cellphone number! Yes, yes, silly me silly me. However, I was quite relieved when I finally unlocked it. Thanks! =)