Dont know how to install my printer to my computer
here the things you gonna do
To install a new local printer with the Add Printer Wizard, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar and then click Control Panel on the right side of the Start menu.
2. Click the Printers and Other Hardware hyperlink if the Control Panel window is in Category View.
Otherwise, double-click the Printers and Faxes icon if the Control Panel window is in Classic View.
3. Click the Add a Printer hyperlink in the
Printers and Other Hardware window to start the Add Printer Wizard and
then click the Next button, or press Enter to advance to the Local
Printer or Printer Connection dialog box.
4. Make sure that the Add Printer Wizard selects the
Local Printer radio button, and the Automatically Detect and Install my
Plug and Play Printer check box beneath this radio button before you
click the Next button.
5. If the wizard is unable to detect your printer in
the New Printer Detection dialog box, click Next to install the printer
6. Select the port for the printer to use in the Use
the Following Port drop-down list box in the Select a Printer Port
dialog box and then click the Next button.
7. Click the manufacturer and the model of the
printer in the Manufacturers and Printers list boxes, respectively, of
the Install Printer Software dialog box.
If you have a disk with the software for the printer,
put it into your floppy or CD-ROM drive and then click the Have Disk
button: Select the drive that contains this disk in the Copy
Manufacturer's Files drop-down list box and then click OK.
8. Click the Next button to advance to the Name Your Printer dialog box.
If you want, edit the name for the printer in the
Printer Name text box. If you want to make the printer that you're
installing the default printer that is automatically used whenever you
print from Windows or from within a Windows program, leave the Yes
radio button selected beneath the heading, Do you want your
Windows-based programs to use this printer as the default printer?
9. Click the Next button to advance to the Printer Sharing dialog box.
If you want to share this printer with other users on
the network, click the Share Name radio button and then, if you want,
edit the share name (this is the name that the other users on the
network see when they go to select this printer for printing their
documents) that the wizard gives the printer in the Share Name text box.
10. To print a test page from your newly installed printer, click the Yes radio button selected beneath the heading, Would you like to print a test page? in the Print Test Page dialog box.
11. Click the Next button to advance to the
Completing the Add Printer Wizard dialog box, where you can review the
settings for your new printer before you click the Finish button or
press Enter to finish installing the new printer.
Sep 19, 2008 |
Computers & Internet