Question about Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Paper started jaming and now unable to use printer
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.IF the problem continues then its the problem with rollers in the printer ,hardware problem ,
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2013 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Feb 23, 2013 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Apr 23, 2010 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Nov 05, 2009 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Oct 20, 2008 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
Sep 21, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 04, 2010 | Lexmark Z715 InkJet Printer
63 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: