Question about Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
My Kenmore Oasis washer is beeping and the SOIL LEVEL light just keeps traveling the options "on its own" and will not allow me to select a level. I found the part on the Sears website.... just wondering if you could email me step-by-step instructions on how to go about replacing the control panel part. email me at heyitsnan at comcast.net . Thanks!
Okay...Fixya discourages us from having direct contact with customers outside the realm of this website, so I hope you will accept my reply in this forum.
If you are talking about replacing the operator interface board, its very simple. Just follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the washer.
2. Remove the three screws in the back of the console.
3. With the screws loosened, the console will come of by lifting from the back first. Use care not to damage the small wire harness under the console.
4. Remove the wire harness from the User Interface board and remove the knob (by pulling) from the front panel. Lay the entire control panel face down on a soft surface (like a stack of towels).
5. Carefully remove the white plastic cover plate that is installed over the control board.
6. Once the cover is removed, carefully remove the old interface board by prying gently on the series of tabs around the perimeter of the board. There may also be some mounting screws to remove as well.
7. With the old board removed, carefully install the new board by inserting the control knob shaft through the hole first. Then, gently snap the board in place, making sure all the tabs around the perimeter of the board are in place. Reinstall any small mounting screws. NOTE: Do not handle the surface of the board with your hands. Handle the edges only, to avoid electrostatic discharge from your body causing damage to the board.
8. Reinstall the protective plastic white cover over the interface board.
9. Flip the console upright and reinstall the wiring harness and control knob (The knob only goes on one way).
10. Carefully insert the console in the front grooves on top of the washer, first. Then lower the back and reinstall the screws.
The repair is pretty straight forward. However, if you have questions, please post back and let me know. I hope this helps you.
Now...it was recently brought to my attention by a consumer on this website that there is a recall on this circuit board. The following paragraph is the direct direct quote:
"I too had the misfortune of dealing with the continuous beeping on my washer (model # 110.27062600). No code was given.I called the Sears hotline and asked for the manufacturers warranty department. I then called the recall line at (800)659-7026 and after giving my model number and serial number they discovered is was indeed recalled or being "upgraded"! They have ordered the part and are sending someone out. For those who have already paid to have it repaired I would call Sears and ask for a refund. Good luck!"
If I understand this correctly, you may not have to purchase a new control board. Or, if you did, Sears may refund the cost and provide someone to install it for you. It may be worth your while to contact them to find out. I hope all this information is helpful to you.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2010 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
May 14, 2008 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Jun 07, 2009 | Kenmore Elite Oasis 27052 Top Load Washer
Sep 19, 2008 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
Sep 13, 2008 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27062 Top Load Washer
Oct 20, 2007 | Kenmore Oasis HE 27082 Top Load Washer
123 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!