Question about Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
When loading paper into printer. It will not go in. it is like something is blocking the paper. Also, an error "paper jam appears on the screen on printer. I cannot see any jam. Please help. keeps on saying paper jam but I can't find any and won't feed the paper
You may not see a paper jam.
This may work for you, it has worked for many here I given this advice so gave it a try it could work for you. Generally when this happens, something has fallen into the printer, or a piece of paper has been jammed in there.
First step, remove the ink cartridge, and turn the printer upside down and gently shake it, see if anything comes out.
If nothing goes, or you can't hear anything rattling around, get a piece of cardstock paper (60lb or heavier) and gently push this through the printer, to see if it will help push out what might be stuck in there.
And gave the rode that the ink slides on a good clean and maybe a bit oil on cloth and wipe the rod with it.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 30, 2014 | Printers & Copiers
1. Remove the sheets of paper from the feeder.
2. Grab a flashlight and look inside for any debris.
3. If you're willing and physically able, you may also
turn the printer over. Any debris should just freely roll out from the feeder.
4. If feeder is clear, place the printer back on the
table, open the printer cover and remove the cartridges.
5. Check the cartridge area for any obstructions/debris
that could cause this error or problem.
6. If cartridge area is clear, close the cover.
7. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power outlet
to reset it.
8. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges and
load some paper. Try to print again.
ns Serif"'>6. When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
7. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
8. If no error appears, reinsert the other cartridge.
Close the printer cover.
9. Replace whichever cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge.
Jul 11, 2011 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 29, 2009 | HP Designjet 70 InkJet Printer
Jan 30, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Dec 21, 2008 | Lexmark X5495 Printer
Oct 17, 2008 | HP PSC 1510 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 01, 2008 | Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer
Feb 10, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 28, 2006 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!