Question about Brother DCP-350C InkJet Printer
Unable to Clean or Machine Error 46 means your purge counter is already full. Please refer below for the instructions on troubleshooting your machine.
1. To enter MAINTENANCE Mode: Press MENU, MONO START, 4X on ARROW UP. (within 2 seconds).
2. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 8 then press SET or OK
b. 0 then press SET or OK
3. Using MONO START, just press it until the word "PURGE XXXXX" comes out.
4. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 2 then press SET or OK
b. 7 then press SET or OK
a. 8 then press SET or OK
b. 3 then press SET or OK
This is to reset the purge counter. Then press stop
5. Using arrow up button look for the following:
a. 0 then press SET or OK
b. 1 then press SET or OK (To reset unit)
a. 9 then press SET or OK
b. 9 then press SET or OK (To exit Maintenance mode)
Posted on Jan 22, 2010
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
Reset purge count - error persists - any more ideas?
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
IT means you need to reset the purge counter in order to that .
For MFC - 240c
1.Enter mainatanace mode by pressing menu button at time of switch on. and leve the menu button when fax/scan/copy/photocapture button start blinking
2.press *, 8 & 0 and drag the this submenu by pressing mono button to get "purge" eg (purge:9624)
3.Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
4.Press the Stop/Exit . OFF the printer .and turn it on.
Posted on May 02, 2009
SOURCE: unable to clean code error 46
All you need to do is to reset the purge counter
To reset purge counter
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC240C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine’s log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2015 | Brother DCP-330C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 23, 2012 | Brother MFC495CW
Jun 26, 2011 | Brother DCP585cw AllInOne InkJet Printer
Dec 03, 2010 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 16, 2010 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Dec 11, 2009 | Brother DCP-110C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 09, 2009 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 08, 2009 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 27, 2008 | Brother DCP 130C All-In-One InkJet Printer
1,094 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: