Question about Hotpoint HSS25GFP Side by Side Refrigerator
I have removed ice bin and all ice that might be preventing auger from turning. There is no ice or frost build up at the back of the bin and I have chipped off the little ice from the motor prongs that engage the auger. Still, when bin is reinstalled and I push on pad to engage motor all I hear is a click and the auger does not turn. With the bin removed and door switch pressed in, I repeat this process and the motor prong does not turn, although I can turn it by hand. If the motor needs to be replaced, how do I do it? Many thanks for any advice you can give me.
WELL DID YOU GET THE PLUG OUT OR END UP CALLING SERVICE ?AND FOR MY HONESTLY GOOD OPINION AND TRUTH IN ADVISING YOU!
YOU GAVE ME AN INAPPROPRIATE RATING AT FIXYA.COM
Shame on you! I know, sometimes the truth hurts!
BLESS YOU ANYWAY NGFAM1
There are many parts in this component that may be the culprit .
One or more will need to be replaced.
This is not easy to diagnose. I've seen service order parts 2 or 3 times till they completed the ice maker repair on a side by side fridge!
You need a hands on tech for this repair!
Posted on Sep 02, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 01, 2015 | Frigidaire Refrigerators
Feb 19, 2015 | GE Refrigerators
Dec 10, 2014 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Ice bin must be locked in place for proper ice dispensing. If necessary, turn auger driver behind ice bin counterclockwise to properly align ice bin with auger driver.
• Press the switch ON to activate ice maker. Slide bin into guide rails located on either side of the enclosure. Push the ice bin in until resistance is felt. Raise the front slightly and push the ice bin completely in. An audible "click" is heard when the ice bin is located correctly.
• After freezer section reaches between 0° to 2° F (-18° to -17° C), ice maker fills with water and begins operating. You will have a complete harvest of ice
approximately every hour.
• Allow approximately 3 to 6 hours after installation to receive first harvest of ice.
• Discard ice created within the first 12 hours of operation to verify system is flushed of impurities.
• Stop ice production by pressing the ON/OFF switch located on the front of the ice maker.
• The first one or two batches will probably contain undersized and irregular cubes because of air in the supply line.
• When the ice cubes are ejected it is normal for several cubes to be joined together at the ends. They can easily be broken apart. The ice maker will
continue to make ice until the supply of ice cubes raises the ice maker arm, shutting the ice maker off.
• Certain sounds may accompany the various cycles of the ice maker. The motor may have a slight hum, the cubes will rattle as they fall into an empty storage bin and the water valve may click or "buzz" occasionally.
Jun 01, 2011 | Maytag MFI2568AES Stainless Steel Bottom...
Dec 28, 2010 | Refrigerators
Aug 08, 2010 | Kenmore 54603 / 54606 Side by Side...
Apr 23, 2010 | GE Profile 23.3 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth...
Sep 28, 2008 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Apr 14, 2008 | GE (PSS26MSRSS) Side by Side Refrigerator
495 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: