I cannot install toshiba satellite m70-340 in win 7
If you have a Windows 7 cd/dvd, do the following to install it on your computer:
1. Put the CD in the CD / DVD drive or tray.
2. Restart the computer.
3. At the moment you power on your computer, there should be words along the bottom of the screen. Look for 'BIOS Setup', then press the corresponding function key for that setup (such as 'F2' or 'Delete').
4. You should be presented with a blue screen with a bunch of options. Look for something along the lines of 'Advanced Options'. Use the arrow keys to select this option, and press the enter key on the keyboard.
5. Now look for 'Boot Priority'. Arrow down or up to this option, and press enter. Look for CD-ROM. Arrow down to this option and press the PLUS (+) key on the keyboard until the option is at the top of the list.
6. Press F10 to save and restart.
7. When the computer restarts, text along the bottom will say "Press any key to boot from CD-ROM'. Press any key to start up from the Windows 7 installer.
8. Once the installer loads, select your language and click 'Next'.
9. If you want to upgrade from an earlier version of Windows, which will retain your programs and files, choose 'Upgrade'. Sometimes this will not work, so you will then have to choose 'Advanced or Clean Installation'. This will overwrite your previous version of Windows with Windows 7, but it will also move all of your old stuff to a folder called 'Windows.old'
This will be located in your C:/ drive. To access it after the installation, open the start menu, click on 'Computer', and look for something labeled "C:/". Click on it and look for a folder labeled 'Windows.old'. Open this folder. If upgrading from Windows Vista, look for a folder labeled 'Users', and click on it. For XP, click on Documents and Settings, then Users. Look for the foler with your user name and click on it. In here will be all of your documents, music, pictures, videos, etc. To move these into Windows 7, simply drag the contents of each folder into the corresponding Windows 7 folder. For example, you would open the 'My Documents' folder in Windows.old as well as from the start menu in Windows 7. Drag the documents from the old 'documents' folder into the 'new' documents folder.
10. Follow along with the installation, clicking 'next' when required to and waiting for it to complete. The computer will restart several times. DO NOT CLICK ANY BUTTONS OR TOUCH ANY KEYS WHILE IT IS RESTARTING.
11. When the installation is complete, Windows 7 will be ready to go, but if you did a clean install you must now install drivers, which make all of the parts of your computer work proper;y together. Go to the Toshiba Support website, and look for a link that says 'Drivers' or 'Downloads'. When you get to this page, type in your model number so that you find the correct drivers for your computer.
Download and install all of the drivers on the page. If there are different versions (32 and 64-bit), check to see which version of Windows you have. To do so, open the start menu, right click on 'Computer', and click 'Properties'. In the window that opens, you will see what version of Windows you have near the top of the screen. It will say either 32 or 64 bit, then you would download the corresponding drivers for your version.
One all the drivers are installed, restart your computer. Your Windows installation is now complete.
Mar 10, 2011 |
Computers & Internet