Question about Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
1) Make sure the printer is turned on but not printing. Ensure there are no error lights or messages appearing in the LCD.
NOTE: You cannot clean the print head if the any of the cartridges are expended. Replace the appropriate ink cartridge before proceeding.
2) Load letter size paper.
3) Click on START.
For Windows 95/98/ME: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PROPERTIES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows 2000: Click SETTINGS, PRINTERS, then RIGHT-CLICK on the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
For Windows XP: Click CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS AND FAXES. RIGHT-CLICK your EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. If this icon is not showing, select VIEW INSTALLED PRINTERS. Then RIGHT-CLICK the EPSON STYLUS PRINTER ICON. Select PRINTING PREFERENCES from the drop-down menu. Proceed to Step 4.
4) Click on the UTILITY or MAINTENANCE tab, then click on HEAD CLEANING.
5) Follow the instructions on the screen to clean the printhead. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds, during which time the printer makes some noise and the power light flashes. Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, unless the printer has not moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
6) When the power light stops flashing click PRINT NOZZLE CHECK PATTERN and then click NEXT.
7) If the nozzle check pattern has no gaps in its lines, click FINISH. If the pattern has any gaps, click CLEAN to clean the printhead again.
8) If the situation continues after three cleaning cycles and nozzle checks, replace one of the affected ink cartridge(s).
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2010 | Epson RX595 Photo All-In-One Printer
Oct 06, 2009 | Epson RX595 Photo All-In-One Printer
Sep 14, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Jul 06, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 09, 2009 | Epson RX595 Photo All-In-One Printer
Apr 03, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet...
May 18, 2008 | Epson RX595 Photo All-In-One Printer
Jan 10, 2008 | Lexmark P4350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 10, 2008 | Epson RX595 Photo All-In-One Printer
194 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: