It wont turn on
I would like to offer this solution, but this solution is only meant for the "Standard" E200 players (there are 2 types of E200 players -- the Standard E200 and the "Rhapsody" players, indicated with an "r" after the E200 such as "E260r". I'm hoping you have the standard E260.
Switch your Sansa E260 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E260 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E260 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E260 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E260 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E260 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred which caused the "Load Main Image Failed" notification in the first place.
When the process is complete, unplug your E260 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E260 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
Enjoy using your Sansa E260, just like I do. (I love this player)
Apr 20, 2007 |
SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player