The oven was started and ran for about 3 seconds, then nothing. We've checked the house fuses and that it was plugged in correctly. The oven is just a little over a year old and had been working fine up to this point.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's likely that some part of the microwave has gone short circuit and blown the main fuse. The fuse is a 7000 volt glass encapsulated inline fuse housed inside a tubular plastic case about 2 inches long.
Renew the fuse and switch on. Look out for anything that is not functioning and replace that part, eg, fan, light, turntable motor etc.
Verify that the power cord is properly connected the outlet; the plug might have been removed to make way for another appliance. Do not connect the microwave to an outlet via an extension cord or plug adapter; the oven must be directly connected to an outlet. Switch the Outlet on
Turn the outlet on, if possible, using the switch on the wall behind the counter or on the plug itself. Some microwaves have a separate power switch that must be in the correct position before you can begin cooking. Reset the Oven
Unplug the oven, wait a few seconds and reconnect the power. A power surge could have temporarily rendered the oven inoperable. The oven should start up as normal when you connect the plug to the outlet. Check the Fuses and Breakers
See that the fuse or breaker protecting the oven's circuit is still active. Replace the fuse if it has blown, or reset the breaker to restore power to the oven. Stop using the microwave if it repeatedly blows fuses or trips breakers.
Check to see if you have a "reset" button on your microwave, or even just by pressing the "clear" button first. Check to see if you have a "master" or "red" reset or "test" button nearest to your microwave on a light switch and reset that if applicable. You could also check to see if your unit has a fuse and replace that. It's possible when you tripped the fuse in the house you might have blown the fuse in the microwave.
IF that is OK, then it's possible an internal fuse has blown. These can be replaced but it should only be attempted if you are confident enough to be able to discharge and ground the main capacitor before working on the device.
Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.
many people have been electrocuted with an unplugged microwave due to the enormous residual charge inside.
you can now get a new microwave at walmart for fifty bucks..........why monkey with a ten year old unit.
Make sure that the microwave is plugged into a grounded outlet. It must be a 3-prong outlet.
Make sure the clock is set.
Check to see if a programming sequence was entered.
Sometimes improper programming or a program sequence such as delay
start can cause the touch panel to be non-responsive. Unplug microwave
or turn off house circuit breaker for 30 seconds. Plug back in, or
reset circuit breaker, and try reprogramming unit.
Check the house circuit breaker or fuse box. If the microwave is DEAD and there is no display and nothing works- the problem could be a blown fuse or tripped breaker.