Question about Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
HI try this its from the lexmark web site.
Hardware Error 0502 on LCD Display ID:ENUS16536
Check the encoder strip on the printer. (This is a clear strip running the length of the printer, above or behind the cartridge carrier.) Do the following:
1. Switch off the printer using the power button.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the Lexmark X5100 / X6100 Series.
3. Leave the power cable disconnected for 30 seconds.
4. Slide the cartridge carrier to the middle of the printer by taking the top part of the belt and moving it gently to the right.
5. Take out both cartridges.
6. Place an index finger on the encoder strip on either side of the cartridge carrier.
7. On the back of the cartridge carrier, there is a small slot that the encoder strip fits into. Slightly push the encoder strip down and then back up to get it into the slot.
8. Lightly press the strip first to the rear and then forward, if necessary.
9. Clean the encoder strip with a dry tissue. Also clean the contacts of the printer.
10. Reconnect the power cable and switch the printer on again.
11. Perform the hardware test without cartridges first and then with both cartridges.*
12. Make a standalone copy.
13. If the copy is satisfactory, repeat the test once to confirm that the error is gone.
How to Perform the Hardware Test on the Lexmark X5150 ID:ENUS3744
Using the operator panel on the printer:
1. Press the Option button 10 times until Cartridges appears on the LED display.
2. Press the + button 4 times until Self test appears on the LED Display.
3. Press Select. The printer should print a sheet of paper with one black bar and one grey bar.
4. If the printer fails to print, remove both cartridges and try the test again. (It will feed the paper through and print a blank page.)
5. If the test works with no cartridges in the printer, run it again with one cartridge at a time installed.
Posted on Aug 21, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 06, 2011 | Lexmark X6150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 24, 2010 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 25, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 19, 2010 | Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 05, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 12, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 07, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 18, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 24, 2008 | Lexmark (09A1501) for Optra T Series...
Aug 30, 2007 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
260 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!