Question about RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television

1 Answer

3d picture problem no convergence

Were might that fuse and diode be located at is it on the bottom board ? and are they regular fuses? thanks alot for an answer

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Aug 23, 2008

    PLEASE HELP!!! have had RCA 52' telvision for maybe a year...and now picture is 3D we were told its circuit board and is on back order in japan!!!!! any sugestions that might help us fix the problem ourselves??



1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

We also have the 3D picture and were told that it is on back order ....... any sugestions on what we coul do ourselves????

Posted on Aug 23, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Were is the convergence board located on my tv

The convergence is split between 4 different boards on the rca itc222 model. depending on the symptoms of the picture will determine which one is at fault. What does your picture look like? is it bowed in at top and bottom? Is the picture 3d can you see red blue and geen? When you go into customer setup menu do you see the convergence options. if you see these what effect do they have. Let me know and i will help you isolate the problem....DOnt know but it could be the common fl231 fuse problem. read this to see if you do and let me know how i can help

Feb 03, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

2 Answers

I have an RCA HD52W59 HDTV and my kids were watching the other day and all of a sudden the screen went bad. The sound is ok and you can still see the picture however it looks like your watching in 3D...

This is normally an easy fix. I've fixed several of these. When you get the back off of the set, there are 3 small square brown fuses located at the back left corner of the set, if looking at it from the back. They are located next to the right side of the flyback transformer( the large gray or black thing sticking up with the thick red wire coming out of the top). One of those fuses will be open and needs to be replaced, and the pins on the flyback transformer need to be resoldered on the bottom of the board. They will come loose and make the fuse blow. This will fix the problem 95% of the time on this set.

Sep 02, 2010 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

2 Answers

Our TV picture is bowed inward and lettering is 3D. How do we fix this problem?

Go to Menu then to setup if you do not see Convergence in the menu then you have a blowed Fuse FL231 it will be on right hand side of FBT flyback Transfomer there is 3 in a roll it will be the Middle one they are small brown rectrangler Looking caps but are Fuses Located on the Deflection board Bottom Left hand Board.

Dec 24, 2009 | RCA Televison & Video

1 Answer

Not sure if its a picture tube problem or convergence problem. TV was working fine, put a DVD on pause, came back 10 minutes later and poof! Distorded picture almost 3D like. Shut it off and when it came...

Check the micro fuses that power the convergence board, one or two maybe open, While doing this also resolder the flyback transfomer and area around it. Check for cold solder joints in this area as well.
Replace any open fuse with 5amp same type. If fuse are good then convergence power board is faulty and needs serviceing or replaced.

Dec 21, 2009 | RCA HD52W58 52" TV

1 Answer

RCA P52755BA 52 inch tv looks 3D

You have a problem with convergence and all you may need to do is replace a fuse. Look up convergence for your tv model and hopefully you will get an answer as to where the fuse is located and how to replace it. Very common for RCA tv's

Aug 30, 2009 | RCA P52926 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

Bowed/Warped picture/convergence problem

There is 2/3 boards on bottom first board to left is the Deflection board next to it is the SSB board it has the tuners and video jacks on it. Deflection Board has 3 fuses right in a roll on right side of FBT Flyback Transfomer (FL231) it will be middle fuse 400ma they do not look like fuses they are small brown rectigular you can pull top off of them with needle nose plyers to check fuses on top.

Dec 28, 2008 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

2 Answers

What dose a convergence board look like?

This is what the convergence PWB looks like. Its located on the extreme right side of the chassis looking in from the rear of the set.9cc0c04.jpg

Nov 27, 2008 | Hitachi 43FDX20B 43" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Rca r52wh74 convergence option gone 3d ish picture

FL231 its the center micro fuse near the flyback Dp231 is on that same board

Sep 06, 2008 | RCA R52WH73 Projection Television

2 Answers


Well I found the problem! There were several cold joints on the board under flyback transformer. I touched them up, replaced a fuse link (one of three located next to the transformer) and we're all good to go! I found where several other people experienced the same.

Jun 10, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...

Not finding what you are looking for?
RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television Logo

Related Topics:

38 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top RCA Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75032 Answers


Level 3 Expert

905 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1213 Answers

Are you a RCA Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides