Question about Intel Motherboard
Updating the BIOS has many pitfalls. If done wrong can stuff your M/board and make it unusable.
Do you really need to do it, If you absolutely must
Go to the site below and read up about it
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 20, 2012 | Intel DH55TC Motherboard
Jul 01, 2011 | Foxconn 945G7MA-8EKRS2 945G P4/Pentium...
May 10, 2011 | Intel DG33BU Motherboard
Updating the BIOS with the Intel® Express
BIOS Update Utility
With the Intel Express BIOS Update utility you can update the system BIOS while in
the Windows environment. The BIOS file is included in an automated update utility
that combines the functionality of the Intel® Flash Memory Update Utility and the ease
of use of Windows-based installation wizards.
To update the BIOS with the Intel Express BIOS Update utility:
1. Go to the Intel World Wide Web site:
2. Navigate to the D946GZIS page, click "[view] Latest BIOS updates," and select the
Express BIOS Update utility file.
3. Download the file to your hard drive. (You can also save this file to a removable
USB device. This is useful if you are updating the BIOS for multiple identical
4. Close all other applications. This step is required. Your system will be rebooted at
the last Express BIOS Update window.
5. Double-click the executable file from the location on your hard drive where it was
saved. This runs the update program.
6. Follow the instructions provided in the dialog boxes to complete the BIOS update.
Feb 16, 2011 | Intel D946GZIS Motherboard
Jun 10, 2009 | Intel D945GTP Motherboard
May 15, 2009 | Intel Desktop Board D845PEBT2 Motherboard
Apr 03, 2009 | Intel Motherboards
Jan 26, 2009 | Intel Desktop Board SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Oct 26, 2007 | Intel D945GCZ Motherboard
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!