Question about Brother MFC3820CN Print Server
Have printer and no disk to run first as it request.
How do I download and install the full driver and software package usinga local connection? USB (Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP)
Description of Solution 200000018870
To download and install the full driver and software
package from the Internet, complete the following steps:
1. Make a temporary directory on your HDD to save the downloaded self-extracting file (e.g.. C:\bront). To make a temporary directory on your HDD, follow the steps below:
a. Click on START ->
MY COMPUTER or Double click on MY COMPUTER on yourdesktop.
b. Double click on your local disk drive (e.g. Local Disk (x:), where 'x' is the letter of your local hard drive)
c. Click FILE -> NEW -> FOLDER
d. Type BrotherXXXX to rename the folder
and press ENTER. (Where XXXX is the model of your Brother machine).
2. Open your Internet browser and type http://www.brother-usa.com/downloads on the address bar.
3. Choose your Product Group, Model, and click VIEW DOWNLOAD.
4. Click on the
link under YOUR RESULTS.
5. Under STEP 1: SELECT TYPE select DRIVERS.
6. Under STEP 2: SELECT OS, select your operating system.
7. Under STEP 3: SELECT LANGUAGE select ENGLISH.
8. A SEARCH button will appear after you select your language.
Click on the SEARCH button.
9. Locate FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE and click on MORE INFORMATION...
10. On the next page click on the DOWNLOAD button under FULL DRIVER AND SOFTWARE PACKAGE.
11. On the End-User License Agreement for Brother
Software page click onI ACCEPT.
12. Click SAVE.
13. You will be prompted again to save the file. In the Save In dropdown, choose the folder you created earlier BrotherXXXX, then click SAVE. The drivers will download.
To install the full
driver and software package, complete the following steps:
1. Unplug or turn off the power to the Brother machine. Make sure the cable is not connected to the Brother machine.
2. On the computer click on START -> MY COMPUTER or Double click on MY
COMPUTER on your desktop.
3. Double click on your local disk drive (e.g. Local Disk (x:), where 'x' is the letter of your local hard drive)
4. Locate the folder you created earlier labeled BrotherXXXX and doubleclick on it.
5. Locate the file
you downloaded and double click on it.
6. It will launch a ZIP SELF DECOMPRESSION window, click on DECOMPRESS(X).
7. You will get a message stating: The decompression process was successful. Click OK.
8. By doing so, the decompression window
placed another folder labeled SETUPXXXX (where xxxx = your model) in your folder. Double click on this folder.
9. While holding the SHIFT key, double click on SETUP.EXE. (.exe may not be displayed) The installation will begin.
10. Choose STANDARD
of LOCAL depending on your model, and then click NEXT. The installation continues.
11. When prompted with the Connect Cable screen, connect the cable into the Brother machine and your computer.
12. Turn on the Brother machine. The installation
should automatically continue.
13. When the On-Line Registration screen is displayed, click NEXT
14. Choose YES, I WANT TO RESTART MY COMPUTER and click FINISH to restart your computer. You will need to log back in with Administrator
After restarting the computer, the Installation will be complete.
Posted on Aug 21, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 30, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MX479 MX472 Wireless Office...
Jul 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jun 24, 2010 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Apr 13, 2010 | Xerox Doculan Fax (4 Users) (W0M)
Jun 04, 2009 | Lexmark X73 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 04, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 28, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
352 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: