Question about Maytag SkyBox MBV1976A Beverage Dispenser
I don't really have a writen step-by-step procedure written as i only did it once, but i will try to point you in the right direction from memory:
1) WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED take off the rectangular panel off the back of the machine. once off, the compressor is accessable on the left.
2) on the front of the compressor, there is plastic housing with wires going into it...you need to take this apart to get access to the starter relay - it is either 2 or 3 pieces that screw/snap together; it should be obvious enough to get it apart. keep track of where the wires are going on the 3 compressor pins as they will be going back onto the same places on the compressor.
3) there should be a small white plastic piece on the bottom 2 pins of the compressor - that is the starter relay - it should pull off. one sure sign it is bad is that it sounds like it has loose parts in it when you shake it.
4) the wire connected to the top pin of the compressor is the product saver (if you follow the wire back a little you will see there is a small round part with a metal piece - i think it is actually attached to the plastic housing from step #2. you will need to remove this wire and small round part - it isn't needed as the kit has a different style replacement for it. the good news is that you shouldn't have to cut anything as it should be a removable cable with a spade lug on the end.
5) take the new parts from the kit and put them on the compressor pins (i can't remember exactly, but you won't have to use the long red wire which comes in the kit, but you will use everything else). plug the wires you took off in steps #3/#4 and put them back in the same locations on the new parts.
6) put the 2 or 3 piece plastic housing from step #2 back together.
7) put the rectangular panel back on the machine.
this should be close enough to get you there.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 26, 2013 | Whirlpool Mastermind
Aug 31, 2011 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Its defrost problem, the freezer should cool,
then freeze, then defrost cycle should start. In your case freezer is cooling,
then freezing, but its not defrosting. That's why fridge section is not
Click this link below and follow the
This will help.Thanks.Helpmech/.
Aug 28, 2011 | Whirlpool S20DRSS33 Side by Side...
Aug 11, 2011 | Whirlpool GX5FHTXT Bottom Freezer French...
Nov 27, 2010 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Oct 11, 2010 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Jul 13, 2009 | Whirlpool ED2FHEXN Side by Side...
Mar 29, 2009 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
Mar 12, 2009 | Refrigerators
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: