This problem only started recently. I have a 32" Sharp LCD purchased about a year and a half ago, we have NTL movies etc.
The problem is when we switch the LCD on, the sound is perfect but the screen itself is blank, we have to switch the LCD on and off 3 or 4 times for the screen to finally come on, when it does, there is no issue with it.
We have obviously checked all leads etc are connected correctly and can?t see anything out of place. Have you come across this before and more importantly can it be repaired?
Almost the same thing happened to mine...sound but blue screen saying "please wait". the picture never appeared. unplu the TV for one hour and plug it back in....IT WORKS! or at least mine does now. it was like it needed to reboot.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You should buy a sodering kit and remove the buldging capacitors yourself. Find a local electronics store, I used Radioshack, and see if they can match the capacitors. I had this happen with my Samsung lcd about a year ago and just help another friend with the same issue yesterday. The sodering is not as hard as you'd think.
The capacitors should be under $5 v. paying a few hundred for the power board.
sounds like the backlight is out, can you see a picture when shining a flashlight on the screen. if yes you have either a bad inverter power supply or bad screen (panel).
both are serious , also could be just a few bad capacitors on the power supply, if you want you can do a visual of the power board caps will appear swolled on top and are easy to solder in cost about $1 EACH
yes and no. That particular tv you have is done for, but if you just purchased it 6 months ago, you are still within you 1 year warranty with sharp. they will ask you to take it to a authorized service center and you need to follow through with the process. about a week or 2 will pass and the service center will deem the unit unrepairable and sharp will replace it if they cant solve the problem. give em call..good luck 2u
It looks like your TV might have a main board failure if the screen stays white without video. Since your TV is less then a year, I would suggest to contact the manufacturers to get fix under warranty. Most electronics devices carry one year warranty.
1) Mainboard/Tuner problems - although I'm really only saying this because you guys seem to think its associated with your over the air channels. <br> 2) Power board problems. You power board/inverter may be damaged in some way - blown capacitor or other malfunctions. This is very possible as this could result in the backlight turning off and the screen going black but keeping the keeping the sound. If this is the problem, it will at some time start to happen constantly. Have a pro open it up and look at the power board.
3) The backlight is defective/dying. The backlight is a set of lights that reflects through the LCD panel. If the screen looks black, but you might see a faint picture or you still hear sound, then the backlight is not on. The panel itself could be defective. You can fix it by replacing the whole LCD panel (expensive), replacing the backlight panel itself (need a busted LCD of the same size with a working backlight), or fix the backlight, which is tough and risky.
Most likely its either the power board or backlight. Either way, you need someone to open up the TV and take a look inside. Good luck! Hope it works out.