probably itz either
minor case of software corruption/improper ground/cpu fan..or
major case of faulty or defective main board/ram/daughter or addon card(s)..
..plz do check the following as in order:..the Hardware part
power on mode, open/unplug the data/vga cable of the monitor
from cabinet..see if raster or 'osd' is appearing on the monitor
screen..if so monitor is ok..else replace the monitor and see..[not
applicable in case of laptop]..b) in case of laptop try to get
output from external display unit/monitor using vga port..if there's
proper display in there..the problem is probably with either the 'lcd'
or 'ccfl' or 'inverter circuit'..
2) if u hv a graphics card, replace with a standby or onboard and see..[not applicable in case of laptop]..
3) unplug mains supply..pick open/remove the cmos battery..check (above +3v)..resit..
the ram(s) is loose/faulty..open clean/remove carbon & or
oxide formed on the teeth with an eraser n resit it..or replace with a
standby n see..
5) a) see if ur hdd is noisy or emitting any 'ticking' noise (like 'tuk tuk' or 'kirr kirr')..
b) or if the system is not supporting either the newly installed device or itz software/driver /firmware
if so, u need either a fresh os installation or ur hdd is likely to b replaced..
dust neatly..dust is non-uniform in nature n may cause jam/short
circuitry/excess resistance n many more..resulting an increase in heat..
open the CPU Heat-Sink with fan out of the socket..put some "Heat Sink
Compound" (available in local electronics chip level spare market)
between the cpu/processor and the CPU Heat Sink *** fan..resit/fit it
tightly in position..
8)on main/mother board..see with a debug
card for mb error..may bshort..look for defective capacitors(esp
above1000mfd)/mosfets..go through the mb's south bridge n the circuit
lie around atx connector..the crystal clock generator (if cpu isn't
9) [in case of desktop] the smps itself may b
defective/faulty..check the outputs of smps viz. 0v (black~ground); +12v
(yellow); +5v (red, green~ps-on, violet~pg& grey~sb); -12v (blue);
-5v(white); +3.3v(orange)..the 'oscillator and error amplifier ic',
or pwm switching regulator circuit..look for
defective protector-transformer/resistance (esp 4.7k)/mosfet..check the battery n adapter [main power], in case of laptops..the Software part:..
a licensed and UPDATED antivirus installed (i prefer avg/kaspersky,
remember, without updation a full version antivirus is useless)..
2) download, install n run microsoft kb890830..http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en
3) download n run Startup Control Panel..http://download.cnet.com/Startup-Control-Panel/3000-2094_4-10039330.html
the unnecessary startup items from here..(if u can't find what to
remove, post me/us in ur comment with all the items listed in each n
every tabs herein)..
4) remove all unnecessary software from add/remove programs..
5) download, install n run 'Advanced System Care Pro'..http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Pro/3000-2086_4-10399324.html
6)disable the following:..
Restart' right click on
my computer->properties->advanced->startup n
recovery->(un check on the) Automatically Restart;
Reporting' right click on my
reporting->disable error reporting->(uncheck on the) 'but notify
me when critical error occur'..
7) Increase the size of Virtual Memory, Initial: 1440; Maximum: 2880
if u r not a professional, always better to seek advise from ur system admin/vendor....