Question about Sanyo DP32746 32 in. LCD Television

1 Answer

Will it work on 50hz?

Overseas we use transformers to go from 220 volt down to 110. Hz though remains at 50hz instead of 60hz. Will this affect operation?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 105 Answers

Best to call customer service 800-877-5032. if under a warranty would not want to lose it.

Posted on Sep 22, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My relative send me a luxor tv its in the philippines we use 60hrz.,is it possible and safe

is there no small slide switch at the back of the tv
10 volt difference
may need an converter to make up 10 volts

The more significant difference is that 60Hz systems usually use 110V (120V) or thereabouts for the domestic power supply, while 50Hz systems tend to use 220V, 230V etc

read this information on the 50 and 60 hrz
Difference between 50Hz and 60Hz frequency

Nov 02, 2016 | Luxor Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

How do you change the voltage of a tv

The voltage that a set uses for power cannot be changed in most cases--if the set uses 110-120 Volts for power and you want to use it somewhere with say 220 volts--you buy a step down transformer which will convert it down to the lower voltage---if going from a source of 110-120 to a 220 source you buy a step up transformer.

May 30, 2012 | Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

I used to live in the USA where I bought a Sony KDL-46W5100 TV and was clearly told by Sony it would be fone to connect to SKY in the UK as long as I used thew HDMI input/output. However, it doesnt work!...

The TV should run on the 50hz. You will need the proper power cord as the prongs are different. The power supply should switch automatically but I would confirm this with Sony. I can't see anything in my information that says otherwise.

The North American power is 60hz and 110 volts while the Euro is 50hz and 240 volts. So you don;t want to force it too much or you could make expensive smoke ;-] With the proper cord you should just have to plug it in. If the video is fine with HDMI then you should be up and running.

Sep 16, 2011 | Sony KDL-46W5100 TV

1 Answer

We have a Sony Bravia 2 years old from USA (110 vault) and have now moved to Singapore (220 vault). Can we plug this tv in or do we need a transformer?

you would need a step-down transformer from 220 volts to 110 volts. Also you need to consider the Frequency as USA uses 110-115V 60Hz and many countries around the world use 220-240V 50Hz. In addition you need a physical wall plug adapter so you can plug the power cord into the wall. These are not very expensive but get the proper kind. Generally it is a good idea to buy a TV over there which is more compatible.

Apr 03, 2011 | Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

How do i make it PAL 60 rather then PAL 50?

PAL 50 is the european broadcast standard, as I am sure you are aware.

There is no "PAL 60" - If you are trying to set up for use in the United States, the correct setting is NTSC.

Not all sets will allow you to change from one broadcast format to the other. You must consult your manual to see if it is capable to set it up for NTSC. If so, follow the instructions and the set up menu.

One very important item.... US households are wired to run off of 110 to120 volt, 60 hz AC. The European standard is 220 volt, 50 hz AC. You must check your manual to see how to set the correct input voltage.... some sets can configure themselves automatically, and some have a small "slider" switch to change from 220 to 115 (or it may say 110 or 120, but they all serve the same purpose). Make sure you do this BEFORE powering up a European set in the US!

Feb 13, 2011 | Flat Panel Televisions

2 Answers

I want to know if this tv in countries where they have 220 volts energy power need a transformer from 110 to 220? or if it is incorporated automatic or if there is a switch to change

Hello, thanks for the oppertunity to help.

Yes, rest assured you will need a down conversion from 220 to 110 with just about anything. you can purchase these 220 to 110 V converters from just about any eletronics shop.

Throwing a switch on the back of anything at @@V does not grentee it will WORK. specailly if it was made for 110V.

Save some money on repairs purchase this converter for $13 bucks you be glad you did.

Purchase it HERE
Thanks for using i hope you find this Very helpful


Jan 27, 2011 | Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

How can i change my hitachi LED 55"TV from 50 hz to 60 hz

It will do it itself. If you were to play a PAL video through it at 50Hz, it will be fine and if you play an NTSC in simple PAL it will be at 60Hz and display a reasonable picture.
Hope that helps.

Nov 16, 2010 | Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

I have an 100hz tv but its saying its playing in 50hz how do i change please

if in usa most tv 120 hz if eu. they play on 60hz is it working

Jun 22, 2010 | Flat Panel Televisions

1 Answer

Will a UK SONY KDF - E50A12U LCD Projection TV work in the USA?

In the United States we have one flavor of electrical power. That is 117 VAC (Volts Alternating Current) at a (alternating) signal of 60 Hz.
Hz stands for a man named Hertz who discovered the phenomena of frequency in the 19th century. It was originally was called "cycles per second" but has been renamed long ago.

The UK uses 220 VAC at 50 Hz which is a different flavor of electricity.

Since Sony (as do most manufacturers) produce sets for the differences in regional use your set simply won't work in the U.S. There are transformers available to convert 220 VAC to 120 VAC (Your set draws 210 Watts when it's on and 17 W when it's off. That means you need a fairly heavy duty transformer to make the change. Unfortunately because your set was set up to work with 50 Hz (it is branded as a British production set)
I wouldn't risk operating it at 60Hz which is the type the U.S. uses. Besides that your tuner is designed to receive a different format video than the United States uses.

Apr 17, 2010 | Sony KDF-E50A10 50 in. LCD HDTV

1 Answer

Convert 110 volts to 220 volts

Hi, 1. To convert 110 to 220 - use a step down transformer between your mains and your unit with the watt rating equal to or greater than required by your unit; 2. If I got your brand/model right, I believe it is capable of either 50 or 60 Hz. However, if for some reason you still would want to convert convert 60 Hz to 50 Hz, it will be difficult and technically complicated. At best that I can offer is for you to get hold of an AC-DC-AC converter with the following specs input 220VAC/50Hz output 110/60Hz. 3. NTSC to Pal N would require complicated circuitry and if ever available would be expensive. Past experiences have shown me that any color conversion is not that satisfactory. It may be to your advantage to return the unit and have it replaced with a region correct model. Good luck and kind regards.

Aug 20, 2007 | Samsung HP-R4252 42 in. Plasma HDTV

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sanyo DP32746 32 in. LCD Television Logo

Related Topics:

60 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sanyo Flat Panel Televisions Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

68301 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4757 Answers

Are you a Sanyo Flat Panel Television Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides