- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can download OI File manager and go to the /Ringtones folder and delete the ringtones, or you can manually plug the phone to your computer via USB and navigate to the /Ringtones folder and delete them there.
Here are instructions for setting the ringtone on a Palm Treo 750 running Windows Mobil 6.0 Professional
To change the ringtone do the following:
1.Go to Start and select Settings
2.Select "Sounds and Notifications"
3.Go to the "Notifications" tab listed along the bottom
4.In the Event field either press the middle button or use your stylus to see the drop down menu.
5.From the menu choose whichever option you want to set the ringtone for. i.e. Phone:Known Caller or Phone: Unknown Caller
6. Once you have made your choice go to Ring Type. Here you want to access the drop down menu so you can chose how long the ringtone will sound.
7. Once you have made your choice go to Ring Tone. Access the drop down menu again to cycle through the different types of ringtones. If you have music on your phone you can also choose this as your ringtone instead of having to purchase them but first some steps have to be taken in order for the music to be seen in the drop down menu. I will put that at the bottom of this solution just in case it's needed.
You can use this method to set ringtones for other things such as incoming email, messages and reminders. With Messages Emails, and reminders you can also select music that is already on your phone but I have not been able to do the same with smaller things like "Connection Disconnected".
Here are instructions for making music on your phone into a ringtone.
You may want to have an expansion card for this but it can be done without one. If you are not using an expansion card and would like to make all of the songs on your unit into a ringtone you may have to delete the music files after adding them to your ringtones.
In order to make your music available for choice in ringtone all songs must be in the "My Music" Folder prior to beginning.
Begin by following steps 1. and 2. from above then:
3.Select the "Manage" tab
4.Select Menu then select Add
5. For this part I find using the stylus is simplest. On the top left of the screen push the down arrow found under the words "Select a Sound"
6.From this drop down menu select "My Device" then click on the "Music" Folder
7.Once there Highlight the song you would like to be a ringtone then click "Select"
All done Now the music on you phone is a ringtone. Ringtones made this way can be deleted anytime simply by going into the "Manage" tab again, highlighting the song you wish to delete, Selecting "Menu", Then selecting "Delete"
Below is the step by step method of how to delete your ringtones in your Motorola V3:
Here is an easier way to delete the ringtones without much hassle.
1) Upload 1 mp3 rintone to your phone via MPT
2) Set ALL ringtones msg, alert etc, absolutely everything for all styles (obviously excl. silent & vibe) to the uploaded MP3
3) switch your phone off, then on again. This will update the .db files.
4) Using P2K, delete all the rintones, except for the MP3 that you uploaded, do not delete the .db files. Also, do not delete the .bas files as these are the base files for Motomixer. Set all reminders to OFF.
do not EVER delete a ringtone that is currently in use by the phone. If you delete it while it is active, You will NOT be able to get into that particular tone setting.
5) Switch your phone off, then on again.
Okay this happen to my phone a while back and chances are it might happen again. but here is what you do.
You need to save all of your contacts to your SIM or smart card, after you do that you need to sit with someone and decide the picture, videos, and ringtones that you want.
After you have all of this decided you ne to bluetooth this to a friend who is paitent and willing to help.
Once you have all the transfers done you need to do a master clear on the phone, (the reset) doen't work. This will delete everything on your phone including the problem. all that is left for you to do is send the pictures and all the other stuff back to your phone. If you have alot of ringtones I suggest you don't upload those.
Motorola doesn't have an answer for this problem but more and more people are experinceing this. Good luck.
if this works let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org