Question about ViewSonic Computers & Internet
My monitor is VG1930wm . It was repaired as it had gone dead a few days ago. Theservice person replaced some component and now the monitor has started.
The issue is that now
1. My monitor is not being automatically detected by Windows .
2. Even the driver installation fails and windows sets the monitor as default monitor .
3. My Intel 915 chipset driver refuses to go beyond 32bit colour display .
4. And the worst is that I cannot set the resolution to 1440x900 ! which is the only resolution that the monitor would work nicely .
5. If I uninstall all the drivers ( intel and viewsonic ) and restart I see 2 "Default Monitors" in Device Management .
I have already
1. Reinstalled all intel mother board drivers
2. Reinstalled viewsonic drivers but always get the message that the monitor is 'Not Detected'
3. Forcefully selected Viewsonic monitor driver during add new hardware
4. Disable both the "Default Monitors" and then restarted !
Please let me know if there is a correct sequence of reinstalling the drivers and making windows recognize the monitor .
If you are running DVI-D(the white connector) then it isn't getting a digital handshake. If you have inspected the connection between the 2 and make sure there is no bent pins inside the connector that it mates with. If you have another computer, try to connect to that one.
Open windows start menu, right click on my computer, then choose properties. Next choose Hardware, then Device manager. Once there, double click on display adapters to see if installed correctly. If good, click Monitors. If good, then your video card driver must need reinstall or update as usual. Also do you have the correct driver for you monitor? How does it react when you uninstall the monitor driver(can you select 32bit and higher resolution in default drivers?
If none of this works, I would suspect that the replaced component failed due to static or faulty components within the electronics.
Is there any other changes to the PC (new video card, updated Directx9.0?)
Hope this helps and let me know if I can be of anymore assistance?
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2014 | ViewSonic VG1930WM LCD Monitor
Apr 02, 2010 | ViewSonic VA1912wb Monitor
Mar 01, 2010 | ViewSonic VG1930WM LCD Monitor
Dec 22, 2009 | ViewSonic VG1930WM LCD Monitor
Oct 25, 2009 | ViewSonic VG1930WM LCD Monitor
Mar 12, 2009 | ViewSonic VG1930WM LCD Monitor
Mar 03, 2009 | ViewSonic VX922 19" Monitor Flat Panel
Jan 05, 2009 | ViewSonic VG1930WM LCD Monitor
355 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!