My phone was put on charge at about 10pm last night, at 12.30 I was woken by what I can only describe as a "popping sound" and the phone appeared to be sparking. (a white flash of light was coming from the phone) I disconnected the charger from the socket and the popping and sparking continued until I took out the battery. The phone appears to be working ok now but I am worried about charging the phone again. Any ideas what this could have been or asnyone had a similar issue?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I would stop using the car immediately. You don't provide details of what the "popping" sound sounds like (mini explosions? sparking?) but from the fact the battery (warning) light is on, there is something wrong with the charging system, perhaps a failed capacitor in the alternator. The popping sound could be from arching within the alternator circuit, and the high currents involved could cause a fire.
power house is fried these at times tend to go out but this time it might have had a little help animal or bug crossing or chewing on wires
i know alone on cost for the bulbs is around 300 to 400 dollars gotta estemate right around these odds for the power house price is around 200 parts and labor high voltage conductors
Has anyone heard of something like this where the cable box/service is causing popping sounds?
yes & it is common problem.
And is this something I should be concerned about causing damage to the TV's speakers?
not at all.
The Sony tech-support representative (over the phone) diagnosed it further to a problem not with the TV but with the cable box/service because there were no popping sounds when I played a DVD on my Playstation 2 that is attached to the TV.
they are right that your problem is not due to tv.
it is due to cable box/service?
but not defective it reqires to change the way you have connected tv to cable.please call tech to get it connected in such a way so that you do not get popping sound when you you put off cable box.
GE had a rash of "underperforming" magnetrons on these units.
They replace the magnetron, stirrer and high-voltage diode at no charge for parts as long as a GE-authorized service center does the work.
Sometimes the unit gets run too long in a failing state and the waveguide and chassis of the oven get damaged.
To see if yours is covered, see this bulletin: http://www.microwavedisplay.com/ge_mw_mag_kit_bulletin.pdf
Otherwise, you need to contact GE Customer Relations at 1-800-386-1215 as soon as possible and tell them your problem and they will put you in touhc with a local authorized servicer.