- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can call the ISP to know whether that netopia card will helps to get more speed!!! You can also use the latest browser and use wired connection to get fast internet speed,You can check the speed of the internet at Scanmyspeed.com
I see that you are having issues with your network connection, I believe that you are trying to connect wireless on both systems.
* Check your Linksys for settings that limit the routers wireless connection, most wireless routers have an option on how many computers can connect wireless to the router, a wireless signal does not chose what OS to allow for a wireless connection.
* get in your Linksys Routers Setting page from IE or Firefox using your Default gateway IP from there on you can check your Routers settings, user name depends if your internet service provider changed the Routers user name and password but for a Linksys try admin / password or admin / admin for the User name and Password field.
Most routers will 'factory reset' if you hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds
If you are on DSL you risk losing internet connection if the router is handling the PPPOE login. The way to tell usually, is that the DSL modem will have an 'internet' light lit up along with the power, dsl, ethernet indicator lights. If the internet light is NOT illuminated on your modem when you get online, don't reset the router until you are sure what your PPPOE login credentials are
If you are on Cable, this won't be a problem at all
The lan card send receive problem occurs only due to following reasons 1.The network cable connection not having good connectivity 2.Due to physical damage of lan card due to power and etc 3.Due to improper fixing of lan card in case where lan card is not inbuild
you can check which is the problem
if the lan card is damanged means replace with external card
I had a prob with connection, just call your supplier, mine was tiscali, and they will run through some programming details with you. was informed that sometimes changing passwords can effect it. mine has been fine ever since.
uninstall the bt desk top help first then the bt wireless connection , if ur wireless card has an utility use it to configure . the connection might be due the conflict between the wireless software. checked if ur getting limited or no connectivty if so delte and recreate the wireless profile, if ur using bt router like home hub or voyager go the router page with the ip for hub its 192.168.1.245 and navigate to advance and keep the wireless channel to 9 or 11 for voyager the its 188.8.131.52