New Nuvi that has worked fine for 2 weeks but now when typeing address, the A letter works when you hit the H key. The H letter works when you hit the O key. The V letter and key is fine. Tried reset with no luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you're typing the address, at the bottom of the onscreen keyboard is a button that toggles the alphanumeric characters from the alphabet to the numeric keypad. That should allow you to type in numbers and letters as needed.
same thing happened to mine, except it is the B and S. No pun intended... I push mode, then change it to british, and use the letters there. Inconvenient, and it doesn't fix the prob, but at least you can find what you are looking for.
I just this moment resolved this problem with Garmin's Tech Support. Here's what to do:
1. Turn off your NUVI.
2. Find a standard USB cable with a mini connector on one end.
3. Connect the NUVI to a booted computer (I did this with a Windows computer) and let the computer recognize the GPS as a MASS STORAGE DEVICE.
4. AFTER the Nuvi has been recognized as a hard drive, correctly disconnect the GPS from the computer.
5. The Nuvi will turn on in locked mode. Follow the on screen instructions to unlock it.
Your problem should be resolved. The technician I spoke to said that this procedure fixes the problem 99% of the time.