Question about Ricoh Printers & Copiers
I work for a company in north carolina that has an office in georgia, the web access is giving me the 503 error and i need help getting that back working through telnet. Can you help?
This can occur if the Web services has been turned off in either the Web Image Monitor or from a telnet command for this device.
To check the status of these services you will need to telnet into the device.
1. From a command prompt type : telnet then the IP Address of the device
2. Telnet will respond back with a request for a login and then a password. Enter the login and password. The login and password used for Telnet are the same credentials that are used to log into the device’s Web Image Monitor (WIM).
3. Type in show at the msh> command prompt.
This will output many lines of information. The information you are concerned with is under the TCP/IP-Mode heading. You may need to scroll up in the command prompt window to see these services. The device’s services will be shown followed by their status. The ‘show’ command will show if the services are enabled (UP) or Disabled (Down).
4. If Web shows a down status, at the command prompt msh> type in set web up.
5. At the command prompt msh> type in logout
6. To make your changes Active you must type yes when prompted to "save configuration data"
lanier ld122 503 service unavailable - telnet_logout.jpgc="http://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/telnet_logout.jpg" alt="telnet_logout.jpg" class="h_mi" />
Note: Always check with your system administrator before making any changes on a network device.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2015 | Lanier Printers & Copiers
Jun 02, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Oct 15, 2010 | Lanier 5222/27 Laser Printer
Mar 27, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 7700 Laser Printer
Mar 04, 2008 | Tektronix Phaser 860DP Thermal Printer
Feb 08, 2008 | Tektronix Phaser 860DP Thermal Printer
Nov 12, 2007 | Tektronix Phaser 860DP Thermal Printer
Oct 08, 2007 | Tektronix Phaser 860DP Thermal Printer
Aug 21, 2007 | Xerox Phaser 8400 Laser Printer
1,166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!