Question about Ricoh Office Equipment & Supplies
I work for a company in north carolina that has an office in georgia, the web access is giving me the 503 error and i need help getting that back working through telnet. Can you help?
This can occur if the Web services has been turned off in either the Web Image Monitor or from a telnet command for this device.
To check the status of these services you will need to telnet into the device.
1. From a command prompt type : telnet then the IP Address of the device
2. Telnet will respond back with a request for a login and then a password. Enter the login and password. The login and password used for Telnet are the same credentials that are used to log into the device’s Web Image Monitor (WIM).
3. Type in show at the msh> command prompt.
This will output many lines of information. The information you are concerned with is under the TCP/IP-Mode heading. You may need to scroll up in the command prompt window to see these services. The device’s services will be shown followed by their status. The ‘show’ command will show if the services are enabled (UP) or Disabled (Down).
4. If Web shows a down status, at the command prompt msh> type in set web up.
5. At the command prompt msh> type in logout
6. To make your changes Active you must type yes when prompted to "save configuration data"
lanier ld122 503 service unavailable - telnet_logout.jpgc="http://i.fixya.net/uploads/images/telnet_logout.jpg" alt="telnet_logout.jpg" class="h_mi" />
Note: Always check with your system administrator before making any changes on a network device.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2017 | Sharp Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 08, 2017 | Sharp Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 05, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 28, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 13, 2015 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 01, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 02, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 05, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
1,178 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!