Question about GE Kitchen Ranges
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: GE Spectra XL 44 Self Cleaning
Ray, sometimes the burners get gunked up. Remove the cap and burner and see if the small orifice that is located by the spark electrode is clogged. Clean it out with a paper clip. Make sure the burner cap has good contact with the burner. Catriver..post back.
Posted on Dec 08, 2006
the sparking is one of the switches under the knobs shorted you may be able to open the top and take a switch off 1 at a time and you can figure out what one is shorted.or you can just change all of them.
to stop this you may be able to just unplug the cooktop from under the top.if you unplug the cooktop you should be able to light the burners with a match.
Posted on Nov 15, 2008
Clean the burner with a wire brush around where the ignitor is. it needs a proper ground to ignite. When you turn the burner on do you hear a click click click? If so this should solve the problem.
Posted on Jan 04, 2009
may be a loose wire on the spark ignitor ceramic or if you run via main electic it may be your spark generator
Posted on May 17, 2009
I got this problem yesterday. My 6-month old GE range/stove top was being cleaned by a cleaning lady and suddenly, the igniters started clicking nonstop. I had to shut down the circuit breakers. I googled the problem, and it seemed clear that the "spark switches" got moisture on them. The best site which described this is: http://www.appliance411.com/archive/25012_ge_gas_cooktop_not_working_.shtml
Some people said you could dry them with a blow dryer, and others said you need to replace these switches (which is not too expensive, but takes some time/skill). I was hoping against this, so I tried something along those lines: I removed all the parts of the stovetop - the grill, the "cap", the metal funky piece, etc. until there was nothing but the surface of the stove and holes going down to the igniter area. Then, I took an electric fan and kept it pointed at the stovetop all night long. After about 10 hours, I turned the circuit breaker back on. No more clicking! And the burners all work! So, I think I essentially did the "hair dryer" solution, but did it more longterm without having to watch the clock to see if I did it long enough. Anyway, I don't normally post these things, but this discovery really helped me and I hope it helps someone else!
Posted on Jul 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2017 | GE Kitchen Ranges
Oct 19, 2015 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Sep 25, 2010 | GE 30 in. Profile JP938SCSS Electric...
Jun 11, 2010 | GE Profile JGP636 Gas Cooktop
Jan 12, 2010 | GE Ovens
Jul 11, 2009 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
Jan 02, 2009 | Jenn-Air JES9750AAS Electric Kitchen Range
Nov 14, 2008 | Cooktops
Aug 15, 2008 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...
79 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: