Question about StarTech.com (SV231UADVI) 2-port KVM Switch
I have a HP WX 8600 that will not connect to a Samsung 305T monitor thru the SV231UADVI KVM switch. It connects directly to the monitor and works fine. My SONY PCV-RZ14G connects to this monitor thru the KVM switch with no problems. I have swapped from one connection to the other, also swapped cables back and forth. no help. All I get when the HP is connected thru the switch is five raster colors.
you have to install the monitor to the pc first..
if it is using as default then try to configure your monitor throgh Destop--->right click and then properties--->settings---->advance---->monitor---->properties--->driver---->update driver...
and then let it find the driver and after installations.. check it again by finally reset the monitor or do a restart to the system..
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
Technician help at your place is much advisable.as the settings have to be checked one by one.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
The compression in the PDF output tab that was causing the issue.
We print on a Durst Lambda RGB imaging device to photographic paper. All color management is done as an early bind (raster files are converted to the printer's color space and vector colors are chosen from a palette database). So basically the files must go through InDesign without any color change in raster or vector information. We have clients that require specific RGB builds for logo colors the are present in both their raster and vector files.
Color Management is set to "North American General Purpose 2" with "RGB: Preserve Embedded Profiles" selected.
1) The file is exported as a PDF 1.4, High Quality, PDF/X_None.
2) The PDF was ripped on a Cheetah RIP (Jaws level 3) with no color management on.
3) Solid raster colors such as 0-255-0 will reproduce as 0-255-1.
4) The color differences between the raster and vector are usually 1-4 points.
5) The vector is consistent as was input in the program—it's only the raster that changes. When you are trying to match raster and vectors logo colors it is a killer.
However, I can go into the InDesign (or Illustrator) color settings and turn color management off (This is our current workflow). In doing this the RGB working space uses the monitor profile and "color management policies" are set to OFF. With these settings the RGB raster and vector match. The problem with this work flow is two fold:
1) We have other devices than our RGB Durst Lambda that can use the InDesign color management—Vutek flat bed 3200 and grand format 3360.
2) We have had many occurrences where the custom "color management off" settings have reverted back to the default "North American General Purpose 2"—without any intervention.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2013 | Samsung SyncMaster 305T 30 in. LCD...
Aug 02, 2013 | Samsung SyncMaster 305T 30 in. LCD...
Apr 09, 2013 | HP EliteBook Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2011 | Samsung SyncMaster 305T 30 in. LCD...
Dec 21, 2009 | Linkskey LDV-212ASK 2-port KVM Switch
Sep 22, 2009 | Samsung SyncMaster 191T 19" Flat Panel LCD...
Sep 02, 2008 | Samsung ML-2510 Laser Printer
Dec 27, 2007 | Relisys RLT1720 17" LCD Monitor
229 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: