a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Solution 1: Instructions for Performing the Power Discharge Procedure (ATX Reset)
Your computer has no power at all or cannot boot properly. In some situations this can be caused by an external device or an electrical problem. This can usually be solved by removing all external devices and resetting the power supply.
Instructions for laptops:
1. Disconnect all external devices you have.
2. Unplug the power adapter from the laptop.
3. Remove the battery pack from the laptop.
4. Press the power button and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the power adapter.
Do not yet reconnect the external devices, they should stay disconnected. Do not yet reseat the battery pack.
6. Switch your laptop on and test if it boots normally and watch if the power LED lights up.
7. If the power LED still does not lights up, continue with the next steps.
8. Disconnect the power adapter from the laptop.
9. Press the power button and hold it for at least 15 seconds.
10. Reseat the battery pack. Do not reconnect the power adapter.
11. Switch your laptop on and test if it boots normally.
Solution 2: Unplug and reconnect System Hard Drive 1. Unplug the power adapter from the laptop.
2. Remove the battery pack from the laptop.
3. Unplug and reconnect System Hard Drive. This is normally accessible by removing a panel at the bottom of the laptop or removing the back enclosure (see User Manual).
4. Reseat the battery.
5. Switch your notebook on and test if it boots normally
If your laptop appears to boot up and the hard disk LEDflashes, then the problem is probably a back light fault. This can be a faultyinverter or a faulty CCFL lamp. Please click on this link and follow myinstructions to identify the fault and possible fix :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3598095-faulty_laptop_lcd_screen
Possible reasons why your laptop doesn't boot ( Power on with green light indicator lit)
-battery problem -memory problem -power failure -etc ( maybe one of the hardware that is connected inside your laptop)
1. First you need to try switching on your laptop without the battery Basically you will remove the battery of your laptop and connect the ac power then switch it on.
a. If your laptop boot up ( with a green light indicator ) the problem will be the battery. b. If the laptop does not boot up continue using step 2.
2. Unplug the power adapter , remove the battery and memory Watch this video and it will help you to remove the memory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdDf46XKXiE&feature=related NOTE: Your not going to upgrade your memory!
After removing the memory put it back close the panel and put back the screw.
Now after putting the memory , Try to plug the ac adapter and press the power button and check if your laptop will boot ( No need to put back the battery because your laptop will power up with out the battery )
If your laptop will still have the same problem the best thing to do is to bring it on the nearest support center for Samsung laptop because there's a possibility the problem will be the hardware that is connected inside your laptop.
I want to provide you the complete information on how to open your laptop however since your just new with this and to avoid any damages the best thing that you can do is to bring it on laptop specialist if the troubleshooting steps that I provided will not work.
Be careful Alright! Good luck Have a nice day Please rate my answer
Hello, You will remove the battery and unplug the dc adapter.After complete those hold down the power switch for 30 seconds. Now install the battery and plug the dc adapter to laptop again and hold down the power button.I Nhope your problem will solve.
Most of the laptop wireless switch is on the side of the laptop. If there is no physical switch, press the Fn+F2(wireless symbol) to enable the laptop. Double check the wireless LAN if enabled in the system setup. To access system setup, press F2 while the system is booting-up.
Keep pressed the power button of your laptop for about 30 seconds, the machine will power down.
--The above step may not be required as already so many days passed by.
Then plug it into the power adapter.
Switch the laptop on.
Boot in "safe mode" (F8 during boot).
This will fix any driver or some operating system issue during previous failed boot process.
Once it boots completely, do a normal shutdown and reboot your laptop in standard mode (no more F8 this time).
Now your laptop will be ready to use.