Install hard drive in hp a1310n
You need to do a number of things:
1) You need to carefully remove the door and the whole front face of the desktop (the front face opens like a door it swings open from left to right)
2) Once you have the front pannel open take a philips screwdriver and unscrew the memory card readers that is show in front of the deskop (there is one screw holding this card reader in place probably on the upper right hand corner.
3) Carefully remove the card reader by jiggiling it lightly till the unit comes off.
4) After you remove the card reader, you will immediatly see the hard drive directly behind the reader that you just removed.
5) Now look inside the desktop (because you removed the right hand side door: the big one that alows you to see inside the pc) and remove all cables from this hard drive before you read #6 below
6) Inside the desktop, Locate the hard drive, put your hand on the back of it and lift on the green plastic part along side the hard drive where you can see the harddrive screw which is on a metal track stopped by a green plastic stopper.
7) Lift the green plastic stopper and push the back of the hard drive to the front of the desktop.
8) Unscrew all screws from old hard drive and rescrew them on the new one in the exact same spots at the old hard drive.
9)Once you finish screwing on the screws, slide the new hard drive back from where the old one was
10) reconnect all data cables and power supply cable.
11) follow steps 7 thru 1 to put unit back together again. Go thru steps 7 thru one backwards
I hope this helps
Mar 18, 2010 |
HP Pavilion a1310n PC Desktop