Question about Kitchen Ranges

Open Question

Bosch HMG 8480 combination oven/microwave, blows fuses within half a second of microwave being activated but oven working fine

Posted by on

1 Suggested Answer

  • 136 Answers

SOURCE: our Whirlpool 27" Built-in Combination

This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwave fuse.

Q-- My microwave is completely dead.
A - House fuse has blown or interior fuse inside the microwave has blown ( usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow ) Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well.

Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave?
A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace.

Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button.
A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section

Q - I burnt something in my microwave and now it is dead...help!
A - The fuse inside the microwave may have blown, but more commonly the flame/oven thermostat has sensed the over cooked food and the flame/oven/cavity thermostat has opened up - Info on that

also look for this electric wiring chart given in this link below just click on the link
http://www.applianceaid.com/image/microflowchart.JPG

thanks.

Posted on Oct 13, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

3 Answers

Oven rarely comes up to temperature Maytag MGS5870ADC


It seems to be thermal issue .

Check thermocouple .

Oct 21, 2008 | Maytag MGS5870 Gas Kitchen Range

6 Answers

Old Beaumark electric kitchen range


HOW RANGES/STOVES/OVENS WORK

For a detailed Range/Stove/Oven illustration, click below.

redarrow.gif
Gas Free Standing
redarrow.gif Electric Free Standing
redarrow.gif Gas Cooktop
redarrow.gif Electric Cooktop
redarrow.gif Gas Walloven
redarrow.gif Electric Walloven
Electric combination range/ovens are stoves that have both surface burners and an oven. Depending on their features, some electric range/oven units are quite complex. To understand how they work, let's look at the following areas:

The control panel
The cooktop
The area beneath the cooktop
The interior of the oven
The broiler
The back of the unit

click below for customer support;

http://www.beaumark.ie/catalog/contact_us.php



Hope it may helps you;

Regards,

Sep 22, 2008 | Whirlpool RF378 Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

I have a kenmore electric range model number


There could be tripped circuit breaker or fuse to the oven. This would be the one at the breaker or fuse panel for the house. There are no fuses in the oven itself unless it is a combination oven and microwave and these would just be for the microwave.

Oct 03, 2014 | Kitchen Ranges

4 Answers

Bake element doesnt work everything else does


Q - My microwave seems to shut off every once in a while, what might be wrong?
A - Make sure you hear the fan is still operating in your microwave. Next is to make sure the air intake grill on your microwave is not plugged up with air borne dust and dirt.
nuker100.jpg Use an old tooth brush to help clean off the grille area.

Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food?
A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.


Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything.
A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay.....

Q - The microwave display counts down and the inside light is on, but nothing is heating and the fan is not running.
A - This most commonly is a bad door switch, other possible problems are a faulty relay or solder joint on the power module, but a bad door switch is most common.


Q - My microwave went dead when I opened the door ( same problem as closed the door ).
A - This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwave fuse.


Q - My microwave is completely dead.
A - House fuse has blown or interior fuse inside the microwave has blown ( usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow ) Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well.


Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave?
A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace.


Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button.
A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section.

Q - I burnt something in my microwave and now it is dead...help!
A - The fuse inside the microwave may have blown, but more commonly the flame/oven thermostat has sensed the over cooked food and the flame/oven/cavity thermostat has opened up - Info on that

Sep 09, 2008 | Maytag MER5775Q Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Oven wont turn on


If your microwave oven doesn't seem to work at all, check these:
Fuses Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.

Door switch If the fuse isn't the problem, check the door hooks and the door-release button. When these are broken, the door switch doesn't activate, so the oven can't work.

Feb 10, 2009 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...

2 Answers

LG Electric Range Oven Keeps Shutting Off


When you say "Just shut off" do you mean the circuit breakers would trip, or fuses would blow? If so, I would have an electrician check that the circuit is properly fused/breakered and wire sized for the amount of power required by the oven. If the installation directions say it needs a 50 amp service, it better be a 50 amp service.
If shutting off is just something within the oven, then get LG back out again, and let us know of what they say is wrong.

Jan 24, 2009 | LG 30 in Kitchen Series Dual Convection...

1 Answer

Our Whirlpool 27" Built-in Combination Microwave Oven and thermal Oven won't work after self-cleaning model # RM770px882 Serial # XE1401024 Part # 3185651


This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwave fuse.

Q-- My microwave is completely dead.
A - House fuse has blown or interior fuse inside the microwave has blown ( usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow ) Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well.

Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave?
A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace.

Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button.
A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section

Q - I burnt something in my microwave and now it is dead...help!
A - The fuse inside the microwave may have blown, but more commonly the flame/oven thermostat has sensed the over cooked food and the flame/oven/cavity thermostat has opened up - Info on that

also look for this electric wiring chart given in this link below just click on the link
http://www.applianceaid.com/image/microflowchart.JPG

thanks.

Oct 13, 2008 | Whirlpool Kitchen Ranges

8 Answers

Oven not heating KitchenAid KERC506HWH3


Hi,
I have a one year and 2 month old KitchenAid KEMC308KSS03 Wall oven/microwave combination.
After a self cleaning cycle the oven would not heat again. Eveything else works fine the microwave, controls, etc.
The problem is the thermal limiter switch that KitchenAid used. It is a one shot thermal limiter that opens if the back of the oven goes above 120degrees C and does not reset when it cools down.
The KitchenAid PN is 9759243 BUT don't replace it with the same part if you have this problem. KitchenAid want $84 for this silly thing and it a piece of junk. Buy a PN 317-1368-ND from DigiKey Inc. 1-800-344-4539. This is a 120 degree C thermal limit switch but it will RESET itself when the oven cools down so if it happens again you won't have to pull the oven. This part cost s $6.60 from DigiKey and is a much better part than the original one from KitchenAid.
The switch is on the back of the lower oven, there is a cover that comes off and you will see it screwed to the back with two wires connected to it with faston terminals. It is an easy permanent fix for this problem.
KitchenAid is ABSOLUTELY NO HELP with this (as ususal).
I hope this helps.
Herald

Nov 04, 2007 | Frigidaire FEF336BC Electric Kitchen Range

Not finding what you are looking for?
Kitchen Ranges Logo

Related Topics:

317 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8147 Answers

Richard Roth
Richard Roth

Level 3 Expert

9472 Answers

Electrolux
Electrolux

Level 3 Expert

4342 Answers

Are you a Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...